What's new

Great deal on Monster Cable- too good to be true? (1 Viewer)

Tom Fl

Grip
I found the following site that is selling 12 ga Original Monster Cable for $90 (100 feet). I have not seen it below $125 anywhere else. Has anyone dealt with this company? This deal seems too good, or am I missing something and this wire is not what I think it is? Most of their other products are priced similar to everyone else.

MJ Sales

Chriss M

Second Unit
Parts Express sells 100ft spools of Sound KIng 12Ga. wire for around $30. Same stuff, different name on the jacket.

keir

Stunt Coordinator
monster cable isnt better than regular cable. get partsexpress or homedepot 14 ga. more like 20 cents per foot instead of a dollar.

Ron_L

Second Unit
there have been tests that show that monster cable speaker wire is not a superior product to say Home Depot wire. It's all the same stuff, different jacket of course.

JosephD

Auditioning
Tom - AVStreet.com has 100 ft. spool of Original Monster Cable (12ga.) for $79.85. I don't know how they can go so low on MC prices.

Joe

Tom Fl

Grip
Thanks for your replies, I decided to go with the Sound King 12 ga. My ears probably wouldn't ever notice enough difference to justify 3+ times the money.

Dave Dahl

Stunt Coordinator
Ron-

Where can I find the tests you refer to? It seems that Monster Cable and its benefits are constantly bashed.

I would love to see an empirical study that supports your view. It seems to me that with so many patents that Monster Cable has their wire must be doing something to provide better sound quality than basic Home Depot wire.

-Dave

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
It may not justify the cost to some,but Monster stuff dose not corrode like cheaper wire. I have had wire of all different brands & they have all corroded within one year. I've even had some wire turn green all the way through the length of the wire over a 30'piece.OTOH I have had Monster wire some of which I have had for over four years with no corrosion at all not even a hint of it.
The Original Monster wire is a little different from what you mostly see around now. Its just wire un like the newer stuff that has the flux tube & dielectric witch I think is more hype than anything.
To me its worth spending a little more up front & doing something once rather than going cheaper several times & paying the same price down the road anyway.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Parts Express also has 12 gauge Carol wire which is CL3R rated for in wall use. That gives you some extra flexibility on your installation. Suitable for -20c to +75c, so you can run them near heater ducts with no problem. It's $19.30 for a 100' roll.

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Man,

I was in the cable frenzy and bought 500 feet of Monster THX XP cable. I swear my stinger wire for my car is BETTER and CHEAPER. I will never buy expensive cable like this again. I wanted the best for my new home theater and i tried both cables with about 3 buddies over and they couldn't hear the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks