1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Great chance for Bose bashing

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by MikeKaz, Jan 30, 2004.

1. MikeKaz

MikeKaz Stunt Coordinator

The reviewers at Autospies, an insider automobile website, have posted a question wondering why Bose systems sound so bad even though they are so expensive. This would be a perfect opportunity for someone to form an articulate response based on all of their best knowledge as to why Bose sucks and possibly have it posted in their newsletter:

Autospies

2. David David

David David Auditioning

Didn't Bose create the small satelites with the subwoofer concept that still flourishes today? Think of all the companies that have copied this concept. They will probably end up in the Smithsonian! On display, just not on...

3. MikeKaz

MikeKaz Stunt Coordinator

That is true, however they make it small enough to where you are like wow, how can they make it that small without the sound really sucking, but then the sound ends up sucking a lot. Most other manufacturers are modest enough to make their designs large enough to be at least workable.

4. ChrisArmour

ChrisArmour Stunt Coordinator

No, I believe M&K did, Bose just popularized the sub/sat idea through brilliant marketing.

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Can I also post about how the new Invictas and Lambourginis suck too? Certainly there must be better things to do than rail against Bose.

6. Brian OK

Brian OK Supporting Actor

Ditto that sentiment as well, Chu.

...... move on all, as there is everything else beyond this closed box. Or do we all not realize that Bose is a non-factor in regards to our Audio pursuits ?

Get over it, and raise the bar.......

BOK

7. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

VERY WELL SAID Brian and Chu. I do not think we need anymore reason to "dislike" Bose. I love the "raise the bar" comment. With all of these threads about "Bose Bashing" we start to almost appear as being snobby to an outsider coming in. We should "raise the bar" and assume an outsider can use the search function or feel free to ask a question without getting bombarded with jokes.

8. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Bose are just expensive due to their high end advertising. Some people just love them but most true audiophiles know they can get 5 times the speaker for the same amount of money. BTW... I would never consider B0se for a home set up but I do have their new noise cancelling headphones for plane travel and they are a 10.... I have tried others even costing more as I love my music when I travel. You can get better sounding speakers for home use for $100 but Bose noise cancelling ones do what they advertise. Comfortable, best noise cancelling of 4 or 5 that I have tried. Musicly I would give them 5 but being able to be comfy plus get rid of all the noise around you takes the overall score up to a 10......

9. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Bose are just expensive due to their high end advertising. Some people just love them but most true audiophiles know they can get 5 times the speaker for the same amount of money. BTW... I would never consider B0se for a home set up but I do have their new noise cancelling headphones for plane travel and they are a 10.... I have tried others even costing more as I love my music when I travel. You can get better sounding headphones for home use for $100 but Bose noise cancelling ones do what they advertise. Comfortable, best noise cancelling of 4 or 5 that I have tried. Musicly I would give them 5 but being able to be comfy plus get rid of all the noise around you takes the overall score up to a 10......[​IMG] They are spendy and not ones you would use in a quiet environment because as I said there are better ones for that kind of use.

10. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Its not just there advertising. I have seen some "official" Bose Forums and there moderated to such a degree that one's post must be approved by a mod before its posted.

Its very deceptive and the company is excellent at trying to hide the lie.