What's new

Great article from cinescape about tv shows... (1 Viewer)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to see Voyagers! come out on DVD too. However, since I haven't actually seen it since its original run, I've got this nagging feeling that I might not enjoy it as much as an adult as I did when I was a kid. Has anyone who watched this as a kid seen any episodes recently? Does it hold up?

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
I got a kick out of that. 1,500 to 2,000 tapes. Is that supposed to be a lot? I've probably already transferred over 5 times that many with thousands more to go. No, I didn't tape over Voyagers. And they are from the network run (as is my Misfits of Science), not the cut to 45 minute versions that ran on SciFi. BTW, how does one "wear out" a tape? I have things I've watched a dozen times. Tape doesn't "wear out". Sounds like this guy bends the truth a bit to fit his story.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I luckily didn't erase too many tapes. My one regret is that I erased the first half of season two of "American Dreams" a while back, thinking it would make it to dvd. But of course, it probably won't at this point.

But most of the stuff I taped over the years, has ended up on dvd. The latest one was Dark Shadows 1991, but I'm hanging on to my tapes because of the shoddy cropped version that make it to dvd. I used to be very proud that I had taped "V" back in 1983-85. A lot of friends begged me to make copies of the whole 29 hours of that for them. Sigh...I did make a few copies. V was finally released on video in the early 90s and has been on dvd for quite a while. I also taped all of "3rd Rock from the Sun" but didn't care because it was heavily syndicated. 3rd Rock is coming out on dvd as we speak. The only rare, rare, rare things I have are:

Central Park West (except for the 4 eps never aired)
the Charmings
Second Noah
Pacific Palisades
Savannah
Fresno
Good and Evil (except for the FIVE eps that never aired...!)
Hail to the Chief

and a few other screwy tv shows. Clearly I love primetime serials and weird sitcoms. Most of this stuff hasn't aired at all since their network runs. I'd buy all of it on dvd if it ever comes out--the tapes won't last forever.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have put a few shows that I liked and thought weren't coming out. And up until recently I was recording shows using my dvd burner. But, with the plethera of shows (especially newer ones) coming to dvd. I have pretty muched stop.

A couple I have transferred that I just don't think will come out are:
-Vengeance Unlimited
-The Strip
-Time Trax
-Cobra
-All Souls
-Legend

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks