Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin

Grease UHD Review
grease_feat-1024x576.jpg

Forty years ago, Grease hit movie screens and became a cultural phenomenon and cemented John Travolta as a movie star. For its anniversary, Paramount has released the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray, featuring a restored picture and soundtrack.

[review]

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My Amazon shipment can't get here soon enough! (purchased through the HTF link, of course!)

Great job on the review, looking forward to screening this soon for friends!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Grease fans in the NY metro area may be interested to know that director Randal Kleiser and eight members of the cast are going to be appearing this weekend at the Chiller Theatre Expo at the Parsippany Hilton in New Jersey. The cast members are Dinah Manoff, Didi Conn, Edd Byrnes, Barry Pearl, Jamie Donnelly, Susan Buckner, Eddie Deezen, and Lorenzo Lamas.

More info can be found here: Chiller Theatre Guest List

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
Unfortunately, they left in the mistake at 1:43:43, but finally, and it only took 40 years, but we get to see GREASE the way it was originally. The sound is finally good and the color and picture is restored.

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
Most of the 'grumbling' I have read concerns liberal use of DNR- a shame on a 4K OCN scan. I'll watch it tonight...

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Can anyone more knowledgable than me say if the lack of the band clapping around 1:06:14 is the way the original really mix was? You'd have to go back to the original LD or VHS to check this and I don't have access to either.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I am hoping the included blu-ray has the restored sound mix as well. I really didn't care for the mix created for the 20th anniversary (and that has been used since - until now).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks