What's new

Grease-Is it The Word? (1 Viewer)

Mark C.U.K

Auditioning
Okay, I know that we really like you guys over at Paramount, but hey please can we have a cleaned up print of Grease with a boat load of extras????? I picked up my R2 copy of the disc today and have watched it from beginning to end.As with Rons review, yes there is a CONSIDERABLE amount of grain in the opening sequnce before the credits and also during the night scenes.In one scene at the pep rally it looks like the negative is torn at the top, but hey I now have the film on my fav format. The sound, what a rveleation there was stuff in the musical numbers I didn't even know existed, but it would have been nice to tone down the CAVE LIKE accoustics for the disc. All in all I love the disc and would have bought it regardless, but please and I am sure many other people will post too, give us the 2 disc ttreatment it deserves, complete with a cleaned up print and a slightly less cave like musical track. One final thing, i notice my U.S cousins get the original 2.0 mix and We europeans didn't, any particular reason?
Thanks
Mark

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
According to an interview with the film's director @ DVDFile, Grease will be re-released as an SE (in R1, at least), with extras including a director's commentary.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Are they going to put out "Grease 2" ever? I know it's terrible, but that's why it's good :) I have in on CED in pan and scan, and the opening and closing credits are SQUEEZED!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks