Gray Lady Down in Widescreen-5/25?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ted Kontos, May 14, 2004.

1. Ted Kontos

Ted Kontos Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone else noticed that DVD Planet, DDD, Amazon and the Universal Home Video site are all listing an anamorphic widescreen version of Gray Lady Down coming on May 25th? I haven't seen any mention of this before. This is one title I will be all over, if it's true. Then again, it's Universal!

Ted K.

2. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

I'm a Heston fan and I enjoy this movie (which also features David Carradine). I'd love to upgrade my current foolscreen disc to widescreen, if true!

3. John*C

John*C Stunt Coordinator

DVDempire has no listing on the latest but the other two are monoural. Joe this has a run time of 111 minutes versus the others at 110, I don't have a clue to what what the 1 more minute would be.

Edit: Jeff_HR is clearly the winner here

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Check HERE & HERE & HERE.

All say Widescreen. DVD Empire quite often leaves out the details on a lot of DVDs. Perhaps they have a workforce problem.

5. John*C

John*C Stunt Coordinator

Jeff_HR well I'll be, I didn't think DVDempire made that big of mistake and the UPC code is different. The DVDempire is 027616911254 and Laser's edge UPC is 025192093623 ?¿?

2.35:1 anamorphic I guess I'll be ordering that one, man was I ever off base; kudos Jeff_HR!

6. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I find it helpful to check several sources for spec info. I buy 98% of my R1 DVDs from DVD Empire because I love their pre-order system. I just wish they did a better job with having the spec info available & correct.

7. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I received my copy
    today.

8. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

The DVD looks & sounds fine. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

Picked it up today at Best Buy for $9.99 and it's the best version of the film I've ever seen! I can finally retire my widescreen taped off TCM airing, which edited the few profanities in the film.