What's new

Gravis Gamepad problems (1 Viewer)

JasonS

Stunt Coordinator
I recently installed a new soundcard on my computer. I thought I should have my Gravis gamepad installed through the port on the card instead of the port on the motherboard as it previously was. Anyway, I uninstalled the drivers, and tried to install it while using the soundcard port. I got no response. It acted as though it was not installed.
I tried to install it to the previous location, however now it just acts as though I'm holding down the left side of the direction pad. Can anyone shed any light on this?
My motherboard had the soundblaster files on it, which I uninstalled before installing the soundcard. So far it seems as though I'm not having problems getting sound off the card, I just can't get my gamepad to work using either the port on the soundcard, or off my motherboard.

JasonS

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I had the sound coming from the motherboard. The main reason I went to an external soundcard was because I recently started getting sound out of only one speaker.
~J

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you could possibly have a conflict. I'd look for a jumper on your motherboard to disable the integrated sound card. You may need to take a look in the bios as well.
------------------
Steve,
DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks