Grave of the Fireflies: CE in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad E, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Chad E

Chad E Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone seen the new Grave of the Fireflies: Collector's Edition in a B&M here in Canada? I have been looking since its release date, and have not found it anywhere.

Does anyone have any info on who's got the distribution rights for this in Canada? If it's Alliance-Atlantis, well, most of their releases seem to be late nowadays anyway, but at least it should be coming at some point. Or is this a situation, like All in the Family, where there is no Canadian distributor, so we won't see it here at all?

Thanks for any info!

2. Miles

Miles Second Unit

The only place I've seen it is CNL... online that is... not B&M. Maybe HMV?

Miles

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Most of the anime companies do not have domestic Canadian distribution, takes time to filter up there

4. Miles

Miles Second Unit

Just as a favor for you guys I went and obtained some evidence :)

I picked up Central Park Media's "Grave of the Fireflies" for $29.99 CDN at the HMV in Halifax. Not bad considering how poor their prices are normally.

Miles

5. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Miles,
    Thanks for the tip about HMV. I'll be in Halifax next week so I'll pick it up then if they still have any in stock. It was the Collectors edition, right?

6. Miles

Miles Second Unit

Yes, it was the newer Central Park Collectors Edition,

They had one copy left after I purchased mine. The price was marked 34.99 on the cover and scanned in at 29.99... so give it a try.

As for the movie, I watched it last night. This probably is the most profound animated movie I have ever watched. It would also rank near the top of many dramatic movies I have seen. Very well done!

Now I need to find the movie poster ( which seems impossible to find ) so I can mount it in my theater. :)

Miles