What's new

Grand Wega vs. DLP vs. Plasma (1 Viewer)

DeekoDavis

Auditioning
I'm getting a big screen for my apartment, around the 50" range. Initially I was looking at the 50" Sony Grand Wega, and I do like it, but I've been hearing about a lot of problems with LCD projection technology, particularly black levels and dead pixels. I looked at the Samsung DLP, and it looks nice, but I've heard a lot of complaints about that too. My roommate wants me to get the 42" Panasonic plasma...but that's only EDTV...which means 480p is the max resolution, right? Why spend this kind of money and not even get full HD...some of the guys I work with say not to get any of those and stick with the regular Sony projection, according to that other thread at the top burn in wouldn't be a problem with that, would it? Is it really worth the extra $1600 to go from that to the Grand Wega or the DLP? Between those two...which would be a better choice?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
My two cents:
It is better to spend the extra dough and get the HDTV capability, and the DLP is the better choice between the two.

You can get lots of info from the threads on www.avsforum.com - look in the display devices forum. Or, search for Grand WEGA or DLP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks