Grand Theft Auto Three... banned??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad_W, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

A friend of mine today told me that GTA3 has been officially banned in Australia and the ban is quite possibly headed our way. I don't know how true this is or not, but that would be really lame. I have yet to play this game, but if a ban is on the horizon I will surely buy for collector's purposes, if not for the great game play.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

2. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Hi Brad,

There is another topic on this in the Gaming Software forum if you search for it. To sum up, Australia does not have a rating equivalent to the Mature rating in North America, so the game could not be sold. They have since re-classified the game with some small changes and it is now available to pre-order in Australia. There is no ban on the game headed our way.

-Dan B.

3. Scott FP

Scott FP Agent

4. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Most of the people saying it will be banned are retailers trying to add a scarcity factor to the game trying to sell more copies.

This game will not be banned...there is no way they can do it. Some stores might not sell it, but it will never be banned.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Even if stores stop selling it, smaller stores will sell it because they will get more business and you could get it on the internet.

Actually, an Australian version of the unedited game is now a collector's item I think.

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Of course if you read the GameFaqs messageboard, the game is already banned, and men in black are on their way to all of our houses to consificate all of our contraband! [​IMG]
    -Dave

7. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Cool! I'll just stand by with my rocket launcher...buwahahahahaha. [​IMG]