What's new

Grand Theft Auto for Xbox (1 Viewer)

DavidAM

Second Unit
Is this ever gonna happen? Any plans for the GTA4 or Vice City (are they one in the same?) being brought to the xbox or should I just stop hoping?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Hello David,
Sorry my friend but at this years E3 Sony and Take Two Interactive announced that they signed an exclusivity deal for the Grand Theft Auto series. The deal says that any GTA games released before October of 2004 will be released exclusively for the PS2.
You can read more here:
Xbox GTA-less

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Not until 2004 at the earliest. Sony have a deal with Take Two to ensure the Grand Theft Auto series stays exclusive to the PS2 as opposed to coming out on the XBox & GC.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Just get the PC version

Seriously, you are not missing that much. Once the shock value wears off, it's pretty boring

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'd argue that once that shock value wears off, you start to truly appreciate what an impressive game it is.

-Dave

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
David,

By the time the deal runs out between Take Two, and Sony, this series may be a thing of the past. Find someone a PS2, and GTA3, and become their friend. This game was the greatest thing I've ever seen. After about 6 - 10 hrs, I'm O.K. with waithing for something else to come along.

Activision is making a GTA3 clone called TRUE CRIME. I would anticipate it's release next summer, but I could be wrong. This is the next great "crime simulator". The developers say you can navigate your way around this virtual city with an actual map of downtown L.A.

DavidAM

Second Unit
Thanks for the info guys. I've never played the GTA series, so naturally I'm curious, but I'm sure I can live without it. I'm gonna look into Mafia though....looks like a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks