Grand Theft Auto 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Van Dyke, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

Will this title be coming to the XBox soon? The last issue of TOXM hinted that it would. What do you know? Microsoft needs this game.[​IMG]

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Its been long reported that its in the pipeline, but there have been no official announcements as they don't want people waiting while there is a PS2 version you could buy today. The last time I saw an unofficial date was April/May for the PC version - I'd guess thats roughly when we'll hear something about the XBox release.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Go check Take Two's latest financial report. No GTA3 on the Xbox scheduled this year.

4. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Aaah, never occurred to me to look there. Well spotted Mr. B!

5. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

If they don't release it this year then they shouldn't release it at all and focus on GTA4. I think I'll pick it up for the PC.

6. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

7. BrianB

BrianB Producer

8. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

Nope,that's never gonna happen. They should however build the game from the ground up for the Xbox then port it to the PS2 and downgrade it where necessary instead of starting on the PS2 and making minor improvements like most devs do for ports.

9. Chris Gio

Chris Gio Agent

See, this is exactly what I hate in the gaming industry: Having a game that was announced for my supported console get swept off the face of the earth due to an asshole competitor wanting to keep it exclusive. Sony can kiss my collective ass. [​IMG]
    But if it does come to Xbox, I am sure as hell buying it. Geez, it was even one of the reasons I chose Xbox over the PS2. Just because I figured both consoles would have it. Hell, it was announced to come to Xbox by Take Two. I'll give the link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...686637,00.html

10. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

You'd think they could just shoot for Xbox specs when developing the PC version, and then port it straight over, 2 birds with one stone. Is Sony really holding them back?