What's new

Grand Theft Auto 3- banned?( or is it eBay BS?) (1 Viewer)

Bob Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Someone is selling GTA 3 on eBay saying that it is banned everywhere.

Seems like a whole load of you know what, but, I'm out of the loop and am trying to save up the money for a PS2 because of all the awesome reviews for GTA 3, MGS2,Soul Reaver 2 et al and need to know whether GTA 3 has, or will be banned.

Anyone like to give me some info?

Thanks in advance.

Ike

Screenwriter
Who'd ban it?

And from the very fact that my copy is spinning in my PS2 right now, and almost every store in town has it, I'm going to go ahead and guess not.

And can I say, I'm just now beginning to realize the brilliance of the game! It's so sweet.

(Not to spoil it, but I'm up to the point where you get to Staunton Island. If you know where that is in the game, you know all the great events that lead up to that.)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
GTA3 is most definitely NOT banned in North America. eBay hype.

Who'd ban it?
Both Walmart & Woolworths refused to carry the first two games in the series. Brazil banned shops from selling GTA2 (as well as Duke Nukem 3D), and a Catholic family group in France successfully lobbied retailers into not stocking it, and that was after a specific French version without rewards for killing cops was made.

Walmart sneakily dropped their policy of not stocking violent games/games that reward violence against police and hapiily sell GTA3 now.

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
I buoght GTA 3 acouple of days ago, and it ROCKS!

Its really fun...

You must buy this game...

Eric_C

Auditioning
The ESRB tried to ban this game, but they have no power to pull the game from the store shelves. They even tried to get the software developer Rockstar games to edit the game but that won't happen either. All the ESRB is, is a rating board they can't do anything else when it comes to what is in the game.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The ESRB tried to ban this game, but they have no power to pull the game from the store shelves. They even tried to get the software developer Rockstar games to edit the game but that won't happen either. All the ESRB is, is a rating board they can't do anything else when it comes to what is in the game.

Where'd you hear that nonsense? The ESRB can quite legally say "We will not give you x rating if you have y content in the game". Same with the BBFC in the UK.

And Rockstar is the publisher, DMA is the developer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks