What's new

Gran Turismo III Players? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody else addicated to this game, it is the THE game to get for PS2. If you haven't tried it, it is the best driving game ever created, par none.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Although I do dig GT3, I find it to get repeatative quickly. I'm not sure why. I can play the same course over and over on SSX but I can't do the same on GT3, I just get tired of playing. I really dug it when I first got it, but I dont really play it anymore.

I'm glad you enjoy it so much. Whats your most pimp car?

Later,

Marshall

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
im with the previous post.. after a while it gets old... so i went out and got the gameshark and now have 10Trillion bucks. long before i got the gameshark tho my most badass car was the Viper... suped-up to the MAX. that sob was SWEET. and still has more horsepower than almost ALL of the race cars.

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

I loved the game when I got it last summer. Played the heck out of it! I got about 60% complete before I wore out. Probably over a hundred hours of gameplay though. Someday I hope to go back and get my super license.

IMHO: You must use the Logitech wheel. Really adds to the experience. A driving simulator just doesn't feel like one with a dual shock for a steering wheel.

Best car I had/have is the F1.

Kip

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I just got my PS2 yesterday, couldnt find a copy of GT3 anywhere (wanted to make it my 3rd game purchase) but I intend to order it from Amazon this week and see what all the fuss is about. :)
Dan (UK)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Well I got GT3 and am enjoying it a lot though I will admit right out this is not the graphicaly stunning experience I'd been lead to believe I'd get. Indeed, all the visual wow factor would tend to stem from the lovely looking replays in the game (though I see no point to the replay function to be honest)...

Still, that said, the gameplay is getting deeper and deeper the more I get into it and I apreciate the attention to detail. All in all, jolly good.

Dan (UK)

Jim Thompson

Agent
I second the idea that you musthve the force feed

back logitech wheel to make the game over the top.

I have actually built a prototype chasis with a racing

seat,dash(where the wheel resides)and floorboard(where the

pedals reside).The structure comes apart in two smaller pieces and is height adjustable,with tilt steering too.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Count me in as addicted for now. I picked it up used at Block Buster for $29.99. No scratches and plays great.
We've got all the licenses except for the Rally, Super License and the one above it. I can't remember exactly what they are.
In the beginning I made a big mistake and sold my good car. I was left with 11,000+ credits and had to buy one of those little cars. Now I have a decent Miata 395Hp, 192Mph top speed. But can't quite get the suspension right on it.
I also have a 408Hp Subaru Impreza STi. Handles pretty decently. Lots of mods. I'm trying to work my way up to something really nice. Wish I had the wheel though. That way I could actually feather the brake and accelerator instead of using those damned on/off buttons.
Kids don't want the wheel and the wife doesn't see why I need it because I do fine now. If they only knew! :D

Ashley

Grip
No, I can't say I've ever tried it, but I will rent it. I like racing games though, so I'll probably like it.
ASHLEY
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought it this weekend, and I have to say that it is a GREAT game! My wife, sister, and I are addicted.

Is it just me, or are some of the damn license tracks HARD AS HELL! There are some on Ia that I am thinking, "I am NEVER going to get this" :'(

Great Game!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
395HP in a Miata? Good lord, no wonder you're having problems with the suspension. Lightweight cars and high horsepower is a tough thing to tune (unless you're just driving straight). I remember I had a Lotus Elise in GT2 that was hard to get right. It'd be so unstable, the slightest bump would send it flying in the beginning before I tuned it a bit.

Alas, as I have only an X-box, I haven't seen GT3, I think one of my favorite cars from GT2 was that racing modified RX-7 that you can win and the modified 4WD Suburu WRX STi...

Jay

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Wish I had the wheel though. That way I could actually feather the brake and accelerator instead of using those damned on/off buttons.
Oh, but you CAN feather the brake and accelerator with the dual shock controller. The buttons are pressure sensitive, so when you press harder you accelerate/brake more. I feather the accelerator through tight turns all the time. It helps you cut some precious seconds off your lap times.

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
I've got an 1800+HP Suzuki Escudo. Wow, it's fast. Only an F1 car can touch it. Its top speed is limited only by gearing. Without traction control, it'll spin its tires all the way through 5th gear.

As for handling, for my money, the best-handling non-race car is the Nissan R390 road car. It stays glued to the road and has a wide powerband. The best overall car, though, is the F094 F1 car. Faster than even the F688 F1 car, and easily the best-handling car of the bunch.

-Erik

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I just got this today and am VERY impressed with it... the graphics are stunning and driving is really fun. I've seen the wheel shown in the manual for the PC, and have always wondered how you'd use a wheel setup with a console. At least with my setup, I'm sitting right near the floor in one of those banana chairs, not at a desk like I do with my computer.

Brian

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Oh, but you CAN feather the brake and accelerator with the dual shock controller. The buttons are pressure sensitive, so when you press harder you accelerate/brake more. I feather the accelerator through tight turns all the time. It helps you cut some precious seconds off your lap times.
I'm using the MadCatz controller now. Perhaps I'll switch to the Sony controller tonight and see if that helps.
And...I've now traded up to a Dodge Viper. Much better handling and nice power.
And...my kids have saved over my save game and now I have to redo my Ia and Ib licenses again. Looks like they are getting their own memory card very very soon! :D

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
It certainly is/was a great game but, I have to agree with those that say it gets very boring.
I was totally bored with the game by the time I hit around 60%. In my opinion, it was absolutely a scam to put in many of the EXACT same tracks that were in the very 1st Gran Turismo.
Some real imagination there, huh? Those tracks weren't THAT spectacular to just keep pumping out the exact same ones, iteration after iteration. :confused: Driving them backwards doesn't do dick either, for inspiration. But, I did really enjoy the new track (can't remember the name) that you got to race at sunset. Nice. The test track is a blast too. Monaco is always fun as well.
My fave car is/was the Ford GT40. Just a badass looking car that sounded great! I did the endurance race in Japan and beat all the new style cars. It was a serious win for old technology!!! :emoji_thumbsup:
If GT4 comes out and it's packed with the same old tracks, they can shove it.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I only own two PS2 games: GT3 and Tekken Tag Tournament. Until GT4 or Tekken 4 come out, I don't plan to purchase any more games.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I'm with you Derrik on all points.

I stopped playing mainly because lack of tracks.

There really should have been at least 5 more (even the Autumn Ring from GT1 and GT2).

The GT40 is also my favorite car. If you have GT2, it is THE car to own. You can beat almost any car you put it up against. I'm glad they included it in GT3.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks