Grain on Computer Screen during DVD's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristopherDM, Nov 19, 2001.

1. ChristopherDM

ChristopherDM Stunt Coordinator

Ok this has been going on for a while and is really starting to bug the hell outta me.

I have an AMD 800 Duron, GeForce2 MX Asus 7100 Vid Card and a Pionner DVDrom 16x and 256Megs of SDRAM. My picture is coming very poor lots of visable grain and very dark picture.

Im using the ASUSDVD 2000 program and the Power DVD 3.1 Program. I have no Decoder card. It does this on my 21" and 15' monitor different makes. 21-Hitachi 15-NEC

Also my brother has the same problem and has a 1.4 Athlon T-Bird and DDR Ram. He has a CardExpert Geforce 2 MX uses the same DVD progams and has a Hitachi 8x DVD-Rom

Any Suggestions, need any clafication thanks

Christopher

2. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Well, most movies show some level of grain. The more detailed the display (higher resolution), the more the grain is noticeable. At least, that's been my experience with my HD display. Don't know if this helps...

Martin.

3. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Christopher - all film based DVDs have some element of grain. What movies are you watching?

If you watch something like Shrek or Toy Story 2, you might be more impressed.

Or Fifth Element (Superbit edition).