Graham Norton on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kelly W, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Kelly W

Kelly W Second Unit

I was wondering about the recent release of the "Best of" So Graham Norton DVD. My wife and I really want the "Si Graham Norton" special where he travels to Mexico. Is this part of the "Best of" disc? (From what I've read, I don't think it is.)

Does anybody know if this (Si Graham Norton) is available on DVD at all?

Thanks!!!

-Kelly

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Nope, it's not part of that DVD as far as I know of. The DVD is bits and pieces from a whole lot of shows, but I don't think they actually show an entire clip of anything.

Gord

3. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

No, "Si Graham Norton" is not represented on this disc anywhere (neither is "Ah, So...").

This compilation contains clips from "So Graham Norton" and "V Graham Norton" (both of which were, inexplicably, aired under the "So" title here in America, which is probably why the DVD box art doesn't mention "V").

As for elsewhere in the world, amazon.co.uk have a "For Your Pleasure" DVD listed, which seems to be exactly the same content as the R1 disc, just under a different title (the R2 came out first. Perhaps the title was taking into account the clips were from more than one TV series).

There is a "Best of So Graham Norton" disc also listed on amazon.co.uk with different box art, but I suspect it is merely a repackaging of "For Your Pleasure."

For anyone with Australian connections, "V" is currently airing weekdays on The Comedy Channel.

4. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

The "Best of So Graham Norton" DVD is a compilation of the SO series and not Graham Norton V, unedited with some pretty racy commentary as well and was relased about a year before "For Your Pleasure".

The "For Your Pleasure" is a different compilation of the V series, also unedited.

It's a shame that the R1 release doesn't have anything more to offer than a rehash. Although, if I didn't have a multi-region player, I would have bought it.

Rafael.