What's new

Graduation Gift - I need ideas (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I have a good friend that just recently graduated from College. He has a party coming up and I would like to get him something but I am not sure what to get. My friend and I both completed college the same way by working full time and going to college at night. This is by no means the easiest way to do it but money was a problem for both of us.

That being said he is 26 years old and has a girlfriend that he lives with that has two kids that are not his. He enjoys drinking beer, watching boxing and any other typical guy event. So he is not the average graduate that needs money for furniture or anything of that nature.

I want to get him a cool man gift. My wife said she would pick up something for him but I don't want anything mushy or sweet. This is my guy friend. The one that will fight with you in a bar if you need a helping hand.

Any suggestions?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Depending on his choice of employment, he might appreciate a nice leather briefcase, monogrammed with his initials to personalize the gift. Another choice is to get him a gift certificate for a nice men's suit store. He's going to need an interview suit or 2.

Well, if he's that good a friend, skip the above and take him to the local strip joint.;)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Dang, Jack I like the guy but not that much.:laugh: I was hoping to keep this under $100 if I could.

Jeff I would take him to the strip joint but he would hear it from his woman for the next 3 weeks.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Well you're a member of HTF and he's your best bud, so is it safe to assume that a DVD box set or any kind of home theater equipment would be a good gift? Under $100 may limit the options for equipment, but should certainly be enough for some good "guy" movies.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
We need a little more info. Is he a geek? A nascar gear head? An NFL junkie? All we know right now is that he's a guy and likes hot chicks, beer, and boxing (which points to a party at Hooters right now...)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Joe there is not a lot more to tell you. He loves car audio equipment but like me and my HT I don't want anybody else buying my stuff. He is not big into any sport except boxing. He works out and wears average white male clothes. The only thing that I know he really cares about is getting away from his woman and knocking down some beers while we both dream about getting some strange. I consider this normal guy behavior.

He lives with his girl so that kind of rules out home items unless they can easily be packed up. He constantly says that he is leaving his girl so I hate to buy something that can't be carried out when/ if he goes. I should also point out that his parents have a boat load of money so most of his man toys are top of the line.

I just want a cool man gift/ gadget. Wear can I buy a bad ass whiskey glass set or something like that. I would like to get him something that other guys look at and say "Damn that is cool." He can then reply "I got that for graduation". Man toys/gadget are cool!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

If he is into Scotch, Macallan makes some really nice giftsets, complete with a bottle of The Macallan 12 year. I bought my boss one for his 55th birthday. Had 2 nice etched crystal rocks glasses and the bottle in a nice looking box - about $50.00. Got it at one of the local "super" liquor marts. I imagine they would have giftsets from other distilleries also.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I concur, tell her you guys are having a guy's bowling night out then hit the strip clubs. Buy him a lap dance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks