What's new

Grado sr60's vs sr80's? (1 Viewer)

Bhavesh P

Grip
To others that have tried them both, did any of you notice a difference between the two headphones aside from the type of pads? If I'm using them to listen to the radio/mp3's/movies from my computer, is it worth getting the sr80's or just the sr60's with some sennheiser pads?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
The 80s had slightly more high details when I listened to them. I think they use the same drivers, the design is only slightly different on the 80s, and the change is slight, IMO, and I had difficulty justifying the significant jump in price. But I was so torn because the 80s did sound better, I ended up getting no headphones at all.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Please ask for specific model recommendations in the appropriate hardware area. The Basics section is intended only for general discussion at the beginner level. Thanks.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Given your usage, the 60s will be more than adequate. If you were going to use higher end source equipment (CD, SACD, DVD-A, etc.) then the extra $$$ for the 80s might be justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks