What's new

GR AV1's or NHT SuperOnes (1 Viewer)

I am about to buy or build some speakers and have heard great things about the NHT Superones. But I have made DIY subs a few times but never mains. I am thinking of getting the GR research AV1's as a good starter project. Anybody out there ever compare these two bookshelves or perhaps tell me if the AV1's will be much better. They are about the same cost but building it myself I would think I could end up with a better speaker than the NHT superones. The M130 driver GR uses is getting good revies on some other forums so I thought I'd let all you experts help me out here. Thanks, Mike

Walt Park

Stunt Coordinator
2 guesses:
1) you'll have trouble finding that comparison
2) the av1's will be much better than the nht's
The superones can be had for $234 while the av1 kit is $229 for just the parts. Then another 180 for naked mdf cabinets (unless you're going to build them yourself) or $750/pair for a finished speaker from Link Removed
So it's not really a fair comparision. Since the av1's cost more than the superones they should be way better all things considered.
Danny at GR is very easy to work with, and very patient. If you're really curious, there are a pair of AV1's touring the country for demo's. You can ask to get on the list and hear them yourself, although you may need to wait a while before they get to you.

Allen W

Stunt Coordinator
Since you already have some DIY experience, I think the av1's are a great starter project. If you already have some woodworking tools, you can buy the mdf for $10 and put the cabinet together yourself.

I have listened to both and I am planning to build an av1+ or av3 kit just because I like to build things, and I do think the av1s sound better.

Thanks for the info guys. I do have the tools to make the cabinet. Just wanted instant sound. I will go with the av1's and work a few weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks