What's new

Gotham - season 1 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
She was never going to be Batgirls mother, it was very clear very early on in this show.
Now that the season is over, I would like to know what the creators had in mind for Barbara and whether they changed their mind over the season. There really didn't seem to be much chemistry between the two of them earlier in the season.

At the moment she does not appear redeemable and I can't see how she could become Mrs. Gordon.

The scene with Penguin on the ledge at the end - I was really thinking there was a chance that Butch would just push him off there.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm no expert, and have no idea how they might have changed the character over the last 30 years, but Leslie figures prominently in one of the best Batman tales ever, There Is No Hope In Crime Alley. She takes care of young Bruce when he has no one, and says she'll do what she can. I believe this is the first time she's ever been seen, not counting animated shows.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still remember buying that Detective Comics issue off the spinner racks that featured Leslie and her role as Batman's medic (more of less) when he needs more serious medical attention.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Like Leslie appearances on B:TAS. Especially the CRIME DOCTOR episode.

So, GOTHAM and SUPERGIRL are going head-to-head on Monday nights.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hanson said:
The scene in the beginning between Selina and Bruce was painful to watch. I was cringing with every syllable that awkwardly tumbled out of Bicondova's mouth. Incidentally, David Mazouz is only a step better. I had looked forward to more Bruce and Selina scenes earlier in the series, but I guess it's true -- be careful what you wish for. There are kids on Nick and Disney shows that are more convincing than this.
The Bruce Wayne scenes are the weakest link in the show. I find myself fast-forwarding through them on my DVR.

How does Gordon shoot a machine gun down a hallway and manage to completely miss four guys, but somehow manages to cap two squarely in the head while trying to wrestle a handgun from one of the hoods?

I was always under the impression that the Fish character was only around for the first season, and that Jada Pinkett Smith didn't want to make a multi-year commitment to series TV.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I was always under the impression that the Fish character was only around for the first season, and that Jada Pinkett Smith didn't want to make a multi-year commitment to series TV.
There were plenty of opportunities to write her off in the second half of the season. There are loads of articles about her not coming back (dated March 6) (as seen in a simple google search). The ambiguity of just falling into the water at the end still gives her a chance to change her mind over the break.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
NeilO said:
There were plenty of opportunities to write her off in the second half of the season. There are loads of articles about her not coming back (dated March 6) (as seen in a simple google search). The ambiguity of just falling into the water at the end still gives her a chance to change her mind over the break.

Or to put in a few guest appearances here and there, which is a much lighter schedule than being a regular.

The character never really worked IMO, and the show may just be stronger without her.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I never felt they needed her. They already had Falcone and Maroni plus a rogues' gallery of up-and-coming villains.She really was excess baggage, so I wasn't sad to see her exit.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Gotham_Lind_SilverStCloud.jpg

“The Goldbergs” star Natalie Alyn Lind will play Silver St. Cloud, the other orphaned scion of one of Gotham's wealthiest families. Her social sophistication and pristine manners will serve as a marked contrast to Selina Kyle's rough and tumble street urchin ways. St. Cloud will help Bruce navigate the treacherous waters of Gotham high society, but her own deep-seated anger will take her down a dark path.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Michael Chiklis cast in the show.

On the heels of last week’s news that FOX’s “Gotham” has added “The Goldbergs” star Natalie Alyn Lind as Silver St. Cloud comes another major casting announcement as TV Line reports that Michael Chiklis is set to play a Gotham City Police Department Captain by the name of Nathaniel Barnes.

“[Barnes] lands on the GCPD like a tornado,” “Gotham’s” producers tell the outlet,

“ripping out the dead wood of Gotham’s police force. He is a law and order zealot; unafraid of making enemies – on either side of the law. For Gordon, Barnes is a hero and a mentor, someone with whom he can share the burden of heroism. Captain Barnes proves himself to be a strong ally to Gordon… but one day he will make an equally powerful enemy.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/348125-michael-chiklis-heads-to-gotham

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks