Got Widescreen Wonka from DD and it's Defective

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Illingworth II, Dec 14, 2001.

1. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

I've used deepdiscount before and never had a problem, but this is the first time I've had one turn up defective. What's their deal with returns? They're pretty good right? It seems a shame to have to pay to ship the defective one back to them when the reason I order from them is because the free shipping makes the price so great. Anybody else's experience with them?

2. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    What is the defect?

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

They are very good with returns. My Basic Instinct: SE was defective. I called them and they sent me out return labels which arrived in a few days. The actually sent me out my replacement even before they received my defective copy.

4. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

It was freezing and skipping at Chapters 30 and 33. And I just talked to them, and I was very impressed. They said they would send me the return labels pre-paid and the new disc-- both of which would ship today. I gotta say, that's service!

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

David, what scenes are those (I'm at work, can't check) and what player are you using?

I just ask because I'm on my second copy of Wonka widescreen SE and it glitches in the same place as the old one on my RP91, just when Wonka first emerges from the factory (doorway) to greet the winners at the gate. Right when it switches from a close-up of his face to the people cheering at the gate and Charlie looking concerned.

Just wondering if it might be a player issue. It was there on my old Rp91 firmware and is actually a little worse now that I've moved up to the new 236 firmware...

6. Joe Schwartz

Joe Schwartz Second Unit

As Dave H mentioned, DeepDiscountDVD.com is very good with returns -- just call them and they'll send you a replacement copy and a prepaid return mailing label. However, they'll charge your credit card for the replacement copy, and then post a credit when they receive your returned copy. I've been very satisfied with their service.