Got the NHT model 1.5 bookshelf speakers!

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I am very glad I decided to get these things. I only paid $60 for them because I purchased them used from a pawnshop. I figured since they retailed for $600 new, I thought that 1/10 price was pretty darn good.

These are deffinetly the best speakers I have owned, even better than my PSB floorstanders, they just aren't near as bright as the Infinitys or the PSB's. These little things have nice silky highs and are very accurate near as I can tell.

These speakers need a sub to complement them, as they are acoustic suspension and small they don't get much deeper than say 65hz (just as a guess based on listening).

I have been testing the speakers with some older cd recordings, Alan Parson's Project, I' Robot and Susanne Vega's Retrospective (greatest hits). "The Voice" on Alan Parson's has a very open passage with strings and some synth instruments that I find very involving, and it openned up the soundstage and showed these speakers true colors, pun intended. With Susanne Vega's "Caramel" I noticed every detail in her voice, warm and grainy at the same time. The song itself has a very warm sound to it in generall.

If I had purchased these speakers new at retail, I would have rated them 7 of 10. Being that I got them on the cheap with some damage (cosmetics only, ding on one of the corners) I would give them 10 of 10. After spending a couple of hours of getting the finger prints off the finish they look very nice, aside from the ding on the right speaker on the top, front, right corner.

Anyone feel free to post your thoughts and experiance with these speakers or similar ones.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I had the smaller version of the 1.5, the 1.1, at one time and they gave me one of my few "eargasms"....even without a sub. The 1.1 were the predecessor to the SuperOne.

Great buy!!

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I have a thing for those older NHT's. I really had quite an affair with my SuperZeroes way back when.
Nice price!

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I am using some BIC Cinema One floor standers with 2-8" woofers a piece to reinforce the bass. Setting the cross-over to 80hz on the pre and running to sub out with a y-adapter to my multichannel amp, I put the BIC's in the corners to boost the bass efficiency and reduce the possibility of cancelations. It sounds excellent even without my sub, which is in need of repair (darn power supply and darn Resident Evil: Apocalypse for having too low of bass
). So now I have nice silky highs, solid midrange, and punchy bass down to the Lower 30's range, just awesome.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo