What's new

Got some pics of my unfinished sub (56K Warning) (1 Viewer)

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator
And my ghetto ass setup :D
I'm slowly working on getting the sub and my basement done at the same time, so the money for each is spread pretty thin when i do have it to buy something recreational.
But I'm getting there, if only you could have seen the basement even 6 months ago. Ugh.

Anyway here are a few pics of my sub, amp and setup.

Here is the amp powering the sub.
A Rythmik Audio 380W Non-Servo Plate Amp. Custom modified. AKA: 138 Custom :)
The blue/black wires that are hanging down are for a seperate on/off LED which will be an Ultra-Bright red that will hang over the speaker which will make it "glow" when it is on (and it looks cool, but i couldnt get a picture of that)
The other wires/switches at the top are for a 12V power supply to power the speakers built in LED and a couple of other LEDs for effect (Ground EFX, AKA car component emulation :D) and the switches are for phase circut bypass and xover bypass. And yes that hole is going to be plugged soon as i get the plate i need to mount the switches.

Phoenix Gold Octane R12d, This is what makes the noise.

My unfinished sub with my spawn figures sitting on top for scale.

And last but not least, here it is, my full setup. Yes its ugly and ghetto, but its what i have for the time being, and yes those tiny ugly little black boxes are what are being used as my mains right now.... shitty but i started with the sub :) Too bad my TV sucks too lol.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Looks good so far. It is car sub driver right? I noticed you used Robertson screws so you probably live in Canada. Is the box ported or sealed?

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator
Canadian all the way EH!!!!

And its a sealed enclosure, yes it is a car sub :) since i went that route thats why i decided ot emulate a car audio sub in a HT enviroment. (or semi HT anyway.)

DaveKahler

Stunt Coordinator
Ahhh a car audio convert... welcome to the club. Glad to see you didn't reach for the fiberglass or carpet it :)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
no way man put a panel of plexy glass so you can see the driver and then throw in a neon light, that will make it 10 times deeper and louder

Anthony_I

Stunt Coordinator

Actually i was thinking of rolling carpet over it :)
But im really not sure how to finish it, veneer is too much work and really wouldnt fit the look of my apt. so im not sure what to do with it.

but im not covering it in plexiglass, that just makes it a bandpass box. then im losing some response.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I think he means make the baffle out of plexiglass like all the car audio nuts do. Nothing like a box that flexes to the beat!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks