Got some Gaming time in NFL2K2 vs Madden 2002

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

Apr 8, 1999
    David Scarpa
    I Bought 2K2 with the PS2 and Rented Madden 2002 this afternoon. Madden is a decent game of football, but I like 2K2 better. Madden is nice to Have a Widescreen mode but the graphics are a bit on the small side, running is a bit hairy. And the Play by Play is Really behind the times. NFL2K2 continues the Excellent DC game, now there's 3D graphics on the sidelines.Running is really really nice. Sega really has perfected the Play by play in a much better manner. THe guys were even commenting on a great Spin Move I did during the replay. The onlynegative I've heard is with the Computers Clock Management not calling timeouts late in the game. I have'nt seenthat yet, but I have'nt played at all levels yet either. Some people have qualms about the game speed. It is adjustable and I find Slow just right for me. It's still faster than Madden, but madden feels too slow to me. All in All if you're on the fence over this game you out it to yourself to at least rent it and try it out. I can't wait to see if Sega Ports over the excellent Tennis 2K2.
  2. Charles M

Charles M Stunt Coordinator

Jun 7, 2001
    Dave, I couldn't agree with you more. I too was hiped with Madden before I brought it home for my Gamecube. I saw it on XBOX just before the launch. That's before I saw NFL FEVER. Madden does seem A little slow for it's time. The grafics aren't as good as FEVER'S. I was hoping for NFL2K2 for Gamecube but, that's not going to happen until NFL2K3 next year. I'm in search of a football game that has the detail as NFL FEVER, maybe NFL QUARTERBACK will