Got my SVS 20-39cs and Samson s700 !

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean D, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Hi folks,

I received my setup on Thursday and wanted to wait a couple days before posting about it.

Let me first start off by saying that the customer service from Tom and Ron really is second to none. Just as almost every other post I've read about these guys, they reply to emails very quickly and professionally. They must have alot of patience to put up with so many questions,no matter how trivial. I'd do business with them again in a second.

To all the Canadian folks with questions on cost mine broke down like this : GST $92.24

Ont.PST $105.41

Brokerage Fee $62.00

GST on Brokerage fee $4.34

Total Taxes Etc. $263.99

Add this to the $799.00 U.S which turned out to be $1366.01

The total came to $1630.00

I must agree with all of the other posts I've read stating the LOW, CLEAN bass. It's amazing how clean bass can really improve the sound of the rest of the system. I upgraded from an Energy exl:s-12 , so I was getting port noise and vibration which I was accustomed to. I get absolutely none of that now, what a differefence! BIG thumbs up to SVS!

Now on to my dilemna, I have a fairly large room ,16' X 26' X 7 1/2' . My order shipped the day before they announced the release of the new CS+ line which I would have ordered.

I am considering sending back the CS and s700 and getting the CS+ with the S1000 amp. I am not sure how to get my taxes back from UPS on my original order and I definately don't want to pay taxes twice.

I also am considering just getting a second CS 20-29 to make up for the slight(very slight) lack of bass in my size of room.What would you folks do?

Sorry about the long post.

2. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

3. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Sorry Salvador,

I neglected to include the $55.00 U.S. for shipping. My mistake.

4. Salvador

Salvador Second Unit

That clears it up then. Again, thanks a lot for sharing this information as i might order one during the summer. I might bump up my order from a 16-46pc to a 25-31pc+. I really don't know if that's a logical upgrade but we'll see when people start getting the + models and post their experiences here in the forum.

Enjoy your new SVS sub and merry Christmas!

5. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Sean,

Thanks for the breakdown. FWIW, we generally give 5% off the second sub (think of it as nearly free shipping!) for folks (with large rooms like you) that decide they really are twin SVS customers after all.

Ron

6. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

You're welcome for the info guys. Thanks Salvador and Merry Christmas to you too.
    Ron, thanks for the extra little twist in my arm.[​IMG]
    I know most people recommend putting dual subs together but I don't really have the room to do so. Do you think there will be a problem having the subs about 10' apart along the same wall( one is in a corner now)? Essentially on opposite sides of my TV.

7. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Sean,

I understand placement limitations. You might need to juggle phase some (swap the leads on the amp for a quick 180 deg on one sub) but I'd be shocked if you couldn't get a great working combo like this.

Dual subs have the power to MOVE you. Not that one is shabby.

Ron

8. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info Ron. You are right, one SVS is definately not shabby but the extra sub might be the kick in the teeth I'm looking for in this size of room.[​IMG]

9. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

I feel like a TOTAL meathead!
    My buddy came over tonight to check out the SVS setup. I was watching Swordfish when he came over and it was at the car chase/shoot out/explosion part( not sure what chapter...18 I think) , anyway, my buddy says" You have it on 'night mode', don't you? " I looked and sure enough it was on 'night mode'. It has probably been on 'night mode' for over a week! I've been listening to everything, including music in 'night mode' and didn't realize it.
    When I got my SVS on this past Thursday I really liked it but I thought that it lacked just a little something, I blamed it on my room size. During one of the explosions I shut off night mode, what a BIG difference. I can't imagine what the dual setup would sound like because this thing kicks some serious butt. It sounds awesome with music too.
    Anyway....moral of the story .....make sure 'night mode' is off when auditioning new gear. [​IMG]

10. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Doh!

Now I feel bad for not mentioning that before hand.

There are about 100 ways to mess up a HT setup.

And only a couple ways to do it right.

Thanks for reminding of us Sean.

All the best, so we'll wait on your sub's twin shall we?

Ron

11. Sean D

Sean D Stunt Coordinator

I think I'll wait a while and see how the single does. Maybe by the time the Outlaw 950 comes out, I get it, and pay it off, then I might take the plunge but I'm not too sure it will be needed. We'll see .