What's new

Got My Sherbourn - Love It & Concerned!!! (1 Viewer)

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Everybody, I don't know if this means anything because I don't know what it means. First off, I want to make it clear that I have to put my ear up to the speakers or amp to hear any of this but when I turn off the system with the macro button i.e. monitor, dvd player 4802 pre/pro and the Sherbourn, all of the components are turned off immediately except the amp because I have it on auto off. During that 60 sec. or so delay, I can hear the buzzing from the speakers and the amp. When the amps goes into standby mode there is a slight pop in the speakers. It seems to me the buzz is worse when using the DVD or CD players. I have the dimmer switch for the lights off. I tried the Dayton isolation transformer but I must be doing something wrong because it won't pass the cable signal. Oh, and I feel the need to tell you that customer support by Sherbourn and the company (am I allowed to say where I bought it?) I purchased the amp from has been excellent.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Thomas P.: Try hooking up the Dayton from both directions, it may only work right
if the signal is flowing a certain way. If it still won't let your cable picture
through, or has a negative affect on the picture quality, then try the Jensen I
linked to above. I'm pretty sure that one will work great for you. :)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
If you have a dimmer switch on the same electrical circuit as the home theater equipment... look out! Even if you turn it off, it will add noise to this shared line.

What I had to do is drastic, but actually a "must have" feature: I installed two, dedicated #12 Romex lines and 20 AMP breakers to my box just for the home theater equipment. No humming, buzzing, or video scroll bars.

This may be your only real solution. If you know nothing about electricity (I had some help) get a professional electrician to do the installation for you. Also, use hospital or commercial grade 20 Amp wall outlets.

Dan

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guy's, thanks for the input. If y'all think that it is in all likleyhood a grounding problem rather than an amp problem then I will feel alot better.

Bobpaul

Agent
HAHAHA!!

Wanna hear my story. Almost same setup, then bought the Chinese torchieres with the 2 way dimmers (no capacitors for interference reduction, unlike my Mazzer grinder) and boy did i almost have a nervous breakdown. I literally ripped my system apart disconnecting cable by cable UNTIL IT DAWNED ON ME THAT THE LAMPS DID IT. Indeed, running the lamp at max power w/o dimmer, gave no humm.

Yeah, this is what happens when we get stuff made in labor camps :) Quality goes bonkers. Thank you Monica :))))

Bob

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
More info on dimmers can be found here. Generally if you can't remove them (WAF?) then you can replace them with higher quality units from companies like Link Removed which has a variety of dimmers specifically to address HT concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks