Got My School Ring Tonight...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Sch, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Woo-hoo, I'm now officially an upperclassmen, headed for adulthood, yadayadayada, all that good stuff. To tell you the truth, I'm a little bit frightened at how fast high school is going by and how small the amount of time I have left in the comfort of home is. Anyway, I have a little-used webcam, so maybe I'll try to snap a pic of it, and maybe my cat while I'm at it.

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

We were able to get ours last year (sophomore year) and I didn't get one.

I know it's a classic part of being in high school and all, but does a small, highly priced piece of metal in a circular shape with some words written on it and a little gem really mean anything? Aren't memories worth more? (that's my cheap-ass response)

To tell the truth, I didn't get a ring because I kept forgetting about it.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

4. Andrew_Sch

I kind of agree with the both of you. The only reason I really got mine is because I didn't have to pay.

5. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

I hocked my years ago for $30. Never looked back.

Jon

6. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

if everyone got the same ring i could see it as being somewhat cool....but you choose from hundreds of rings....or at least thats how it was in my school

7. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    10 years out of school and I still wear mine. Guess I'm proud of my alma mater.

8. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

I still have mine. Considering that was 1982 and I haven't been within 1000 miles of my high school since, it is a good memory of days gone by. I enjoyed High School, by and large. And I enjoyed living in that country; there are far worse places to be, that's for sure. It serves for all that.

9. Andrew_Sch

Well I just realized that my mom and I filled out the order form wrong and I got a ring that I didn't really want, and had to pay $120 extra dollars for it. I just wanted the traditional ring, but they make is so damn confusing with all this customization crap that I ordered something completely different.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Ah well, congratulations anyway Andrew. Just look at the wrong order as an early introduction to the joys of adulthood. [​IMG]

11. Paul Bond

Paul Bond Stunt Coordinator

I still have my ring from 1969 even though I only wore it for about 3 weeks. I couldn't stand having the thing on my finger.
    I feel that getting your senior ring can be considered a rite of passage. I also believe that it depends on the individual whether it means anything or not. I know that I had no interest in getting my college senior ring, and I don't feel that I missed out on anything important in my life.
    Boy, I 'm feeling deep this morning. I think I need a whoopee cushion. [​IMG]
    Paul

12. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

My class ring was gorgeous...and I lost it within 3 months when I got in a snowball fight. [​IMG] The cold apparently shrank my fingers, and when I threw a snowball, the ring went with it. I looked for hours for it, to no avail. One of my "friends" years later acknowledged that he had found it, palmed it and then after a while threw it away. [​IMG]

13. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Class rings are a waste of money IMO. I bought one and rarely ever wore it. My girlfriend had mine most of the time. Once I graduated from HS, I put it in a drawer and it's never been on my finger since. I'm glad that I didn't pay a lot of money for it.