What's new

Got My School Ring Tonight... (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Woo-hoo, I'm now officially an upperclassmen, headed for adulthood, yadayadayada, all that good stuff. To tell you the truth, I'm a little bit frightened at how fast high school is going by and how small the amount of time I have left in the comfort of home is. Anyway, I have a little-used webcam, so maybe I'll try to snap a pic of it, and maybe my cat while I'm at it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
We were able to get ours last year (sophomore year) and I didn't get one.

I know it's a classic part of being in high school and all, but does a small, highly priced piece of metal in a circular shape with some words written on it and a little gem really mean anything? Aren't memories worth more? (that's my cheap-ass response)

To tell the truth, I didn't get a ring because I kept forgetting about it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I know it's a classic part of being in high school and all, but does a small, highly priced piece of metal in a circular shape with some words written on it and a little gem really mean anything? Aren't memories worth more?
Speaking as someone 7 years out of HS, I barely remember most of it, except a few of the good times, and I couldn't give 2 craps about having a piece of jewelry I'd never wear anyway. It's a total waste of money.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I kind of agree with the both of you. The only reason I really got mine is because I didn't have to pay.

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
if everyone got the same ring i could see it as being somewhat cool....but you choose from hundreds of rings....or at least thats how it was in my school

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
I still have mine. Considering that was 1982 and I haven't been within 1000 miles of my high school since, it is a good memory of days gone by. I enjoyed High School, by and large. And I enjoyed living in that country; there are far worse places to be, that's for sure. It serves for all that.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Well I just realized that my mom and I filled out the order form wrong and I got a ring that I didn't really want, and had to pay $120 extra dollars for it. I just wanted the traditional ring, but they make is so damn confusing with all this customization crap that I ordered something completely different.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Ah well, congratulations anyway Andrew. Just look at the wrong order as an early introduction to the joys of adulthood. :D

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
I still have my ring from 1969 even though I only wore it for about 3 weeks. I couldn't stand having the thing on my finger.
I feel that getting your senior ring can be considered a rite of passage. I also believe that it depends on the individual whether it means anything or not. I know that I had no interest in getting my college senior ring, and I don't feel that I missed out on anything important in my life.
Boy, I 'm feeling deep this morning. I think I need a whoopee cushion. ;)
Paul

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My class ring was gorgeous...and I lost it within 3 months when I got in a snowball fight. :frowning: The cold apparently shrank my fingers, and when I threw a snowball, the ring went with it. I looked for hours for it, to no avail. One of my "friends" years later acknowledged that he had found it, palmed it and then after a while threw it away. :angry:

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Class rings are a waste of money IMO. I bought one and rarely ever wore it. My girlfriend had mine most of the time. Once I graduated from HS, I put it in a drawer and it's never been on my finger since. I'm glad that I didn't pay a lot of money for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks