What's new

Got my new xbox, now tell me what football game to get! (1 Viewer)

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
Man, this thing is awesome! O.K I need a fun football game. I probably haven't played one since Joe Montana on pc or Tecmo Bowl. I'm thinking NFL for gameplay, so what do you recommend? (I have dolby digital and a 16x9 display)

John

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I'll second NFL 2k3 for simulation.

If you want something that is less sim like NFL Fever 2003 is pretty good for that.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
if you want simulation and online play go 2k3. if you just want a good game then madden. But I'm pissed at EA for their continuous record of just giving us crappy ps2 ports. and to top it off no online play.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Im assuming by "football" you would like the college game too. If that's the case, get NCAA 2003. Great game!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
2K3 all the way. Online alone makes the decision easy, plus IMO it's the best football game on the market.

Howie D

Stunt Coordinator
I vote for 2K3 as well. It has it's quirks but it's the closest to sim that I have played.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I would like to throw my vote in for NFL2k3 as well. I played a game against a friend the other day and found it incredibly fun.

Also, pickup a copy of Super Tecmo Bowl for the NES just for nostalgia. Man, that was a classic.

Glen

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
NFL 2K3.
Best. Football game. Ever.
But I hate EA to begin with, so just go with all the other responses that say "NFL 2K3". =)
:D

Damien

Supporting Actor
your first ever....imho Madden, much less frusterating and much more realistic. check ebgames and videogamereview.com for good info on both. I bought 2k3 and promptly returned it, it didn't fix the problems i had with the series....NCAA 2003 is really good too...but what you should do is buy either 2k3 or madden from eb, and rent the one you didn't buy from blockbuster...ea has a 7-day return policy, so lets say you liked the game you rent better, return the one you bought and rented and buy the one you bought.

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions, I believe I'll choose NFL 2k3, from the overwhelming responses!

Thanks again,

John

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Just a warning on nfl2k3. It is the best game out there but, you have to play a legit game of football. Trying to pass into double coverage and go for it on 4th down all the time like you can do in madden with no problem. Won't work. But if you want a realistic game that seems like a heck of a lot of fun online(The guy quit on me in my first game). Then NFL2k3 is definately the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks