Got my Malata! Now, how is the cheapest way to get Hong Kong Legends DVDs in the USA?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeanMSmith, Nov 17, 2001.

1. DeanMSmith

DeanMSmith Auditioning

Any links to the least expensive and reliable dealers of Hong Kong Legends dvds would be appreciated!!
    Thanks

2. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

3. Tony Aguila

Tony Aguila Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to congratulate you on your purchase, though I can't answer your original question. I also got my Malata late last week and have been playing with it all weekend.

My main reason for buying is to be able to play R2 DVDs.

4. Chauncey

Chauncey Stunt Coordinator

I second Mark's recommendation. I've ordered from both and have had no problems. They are also the least expensive.

Good Luck,

5. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I just got the Malata N996 and love it. The picture is fabulous and the ability to eliminate overscan is priceless. The PAL anamorphic coversion works great.

Is there a master list somewhere of movies only available in other regions than R1 (or in better editions in another region)?

6. Tony Aguila

Tony Aguila Stunt Coordinator

Check out this site:
    http://www.dvdcompare.org.uk/
    You can check their database for regional comparisons by title, or you can even pull up the spreadsheet version comparing about a thousand titles based on features, anamorphic transfers, etc. You can even download the file and open it in Excel. Very helpful indeed.
    One main reason I had for getting the Malata N996 was to get anamorphic versions of non-enhanced region 1 titles (e.g., Bound, Stargate). But I discovered that the Malata does a good job of scaling non-anamorphic widescreen DVDs that this has become a minor concern to me. Now I mainly go after titles that are not available in region 1 in whatever form, and the latest titles to fit this category are Kieslowski's Color Trilogy (Red, White, Blue). I should get them soon. I can hardly wait.
    And then there's also The Last Seduction. Yeah!