What's new

Got my Malata! Now, how is the cheapest way to get Hong Kong Legends DVDs in the USA? (1 Viewer)

DeanMSmith

Auditioning
Any links to the least expensive and reliable dealers of Hong Kong Legends dvds would be appreciated!!
Thanks

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Link Removed
and Link Removed
are my favorite. Both have some of the older HKL titles on sale.

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to congratulate you on your purchase, though I can't answer your original question. I also got my Malata late last week and have been playing with it all weekend.

My main reason for buying is to be able to play R2 DVDs.

Chauncey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chauncey
I second Mark's recommendation. I've ordered from both and have had no problems. They are also the least expensive.

Good Luck,

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I just got the Malata N996 and love it. The picture is fabulous and the ability to eliminate overscan is priceless. The PAL anamorphic coversion works great.

Is there a master list somewhere of movies only available in other regions than R1 (or in better editions in another region)?

Tony Aguila

Stunt Coordinator
Check out this site:
Link Removed
You can check their database for regional comparisons by title, or you can even pull up the spreadsheet version comparing about a thousand titles based on features, anamorphic transfers, etc. You can even download the file and open it in Excel. Very helpful indeed.
One main reason I had for getting the Malata N996 was to get anamorphic versions of non-enhanced region 1 titles (e.g., Bound, Stargate). But I discovered that the Malata does a good job of scaling non-anamorphic widescreen DVDs that this has become a minor concern to me. Now I mainly go after titles that are not available in region 1 in whatever form, and the latest titles to fit this category are Kieslowski's Color Trilogy (Red, White, Blue). I should get them soon. I can hardly wait.
And then there's also The Last Seduction. Yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks