Got my Epos ELS-3s today!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Philip>L, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Philip>L

Philip>L Stunt Coordinator

Today I replaced my Bose 701 fronts and 301 rears with 4 Epos ELS-3 speakers, and my VCS-10 Center channel with 1 Epos ELS-3C.

WOW!

What a difference. The imaging is great, the dynamics are fantastic (I can now hear multiple drum beats where before I believed there was only one), the detail is superb.

For the first 3 minutes of listening they sounded a little weird, but I got over that pretty quick. I'm looking forward to A/B my old with new just so I can laugh.

I highly recommend these speakers for anyone who's looking for a relatively inexpensive but GREAT sounding 5.1 or stereo system. I happen to be using them in conjunction with a SV 20-39PCi+ subwoofer. These speakers were a bit less than $300 per pair, another $300 for the center, which has the same drivers as the pairs, and a bit under $200 for each pair of stands.

I now have five Bose speakers for sale if anyone's interested! [​IMG]

2. Ed_A

Ed_A Stunt Coordinator

Philip, where did you get them from?
    Glad to here you are enjoying them. [​IMG]

3. Philip>L

Philip>L Stunt Coordinator

I got them from a guy in California who I contacted through another music forum. It took 8 weeks to get them because they're coming from Europe and there were apparently some customs problems... but it sounds like those were all sorted out and there's now a big shipment in the US.

Send me a PM if you want contact information for my supplier...