Got my DTC 100 and using The Stick Antenna. Reception not that great!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kent W, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Kent W

Kent W Auditioning

Here is my setup. DTC100 into a Mits 55" HDTV. I ran RG6 to the roof top and mounted The Stick antenna from Radio Shack. I can't get any signal above 55 points. I am within 30 miles of Washington DC and 20 miles of Baltimore. I do have some trees around my house but shouldn't it be better? My second question is can I take my regular cable signal into the DTC100 and get the white moving lines to disapear? Another words, will it upconvert the signal to 1080i? Or will it hurt the unit in anyway?[​IMG]

2. errol

errol Stunt Coordinator

Hi Kent,
    OTA reception is largely trial and error. It's good that you've decided to mount the antenna on the roof. Trick now is to improve your reception. What kind of antenna do you have anyhow? UHF only or combo UHF/VHF? Do you have the antenna pointed directly at the DC towers? Click here for more antenna tips.
    Thanks,
    Errol

3. Kent W

Kent W Auditioning

Errol:

Thanks for your reply. I am using a RADIO SHACK The Stick antenna. It is a combo vhf/uhf. As for pointing it, it is truly a stick ( like a broom pole) and I am not sure what pointing end is correct. I have placed it so the side is pointing torwards washington. Another thing that I have noticed when looking at my signal strength test is the numbers do not stay stable at all. Each channel appears to burst to 45 then go to 24 then 22 then -- (loosing signal) then it pops back up to 47 50 some as high as 70 then -- again. I have tried with and with out amplification. I am very frustrated. I am going to try one of the old style antennas like we used to have as kids. Any other suggestions?