What's new

Got my DAYTON (1 Viewer)

Adam O

Stunt Coordinator
I Got my Dayton 15" DVC driver today, 15 days from order, not to bad. Obviously I had to break her open and power it up for a test run.
QUESTION: How does the sound of a driver in air without box/port/or screwed to a board, compared with the driver in the finished enclosure.
This may sound like a stupid question but, the driver in air is not loud or low. I hoping that someone will chime in and say that a driver is not meant to be used like this and therefore the sound in this configuration is irrelevant. Please do so :D
First Impressions: BIG!!!..
Off to the garage, gotta build the tube...
Adam

James Slade

Second Unit
I bought a Shiva and a Tempest a couple of months ago and ran them just like you did. I almost couldn't tell they were on. Trust me it is normal. After putting them in the proper boxes the rock my place!!!!!!!!!!!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Back wave and front wave aren't isolated from each other. Big time cancellation. It will pound once you get it into a proper box.

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Adam...

I did the same thing with my Dayton 12" when I got it last year. Hooked it up without the enclosure just for sh*ts and giggles. Made almost no noise. However, when I put it in my sonotube...that was a different story.

Keep us posted on your progress. I'm really interested to find out how much more "bang" you'll get out of a 15" Dayton. Since you're a local boy, maybe I can hear it in action sometime.

Regards,

Stacey

Adam O

Stunt Coordinator
Stacey where in alberta are you?

Thanks, I hope to get the enclosure done in 2-3 weeks.

Adam

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Adam...

I am from Calgary, same as you. I may be mistaken, but I may have already met you at one of the Calgary HT meetings. Did you attend the one that Dale organized a year or so ago?

Regards,

Stacey

Adam O

Stunt Coordinator
I was planning to attend, but couldnt make it.

Hopefully someone will set one up during the summer, right now im busy with school so it wouldnt be good timing for me right now.

Just curious where in Calgary are you? (BTW im in Mount Royal- Just South of 17AveSW).

Cya,

Adam

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Adam I'm in Douglasdale now, but grew up in Lakeview which isn't too far from Mount Royal. Good luck with your sub, I'm sure you'll be impressed! :D
Stacey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks