What's new

Got my cable modem and wireless laptop working--now how about mobile wi-fi? (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
The last few weeks have been awesome. First I got a cable modem, which has been a dream (after years of 56k AOL). Then I got a router (Dell 1184) and wireless laptop card (Dell 1150) which I am now using to surf the net from my couch or bed.

Now, I'd like to access the Internet via my laptop on the train commute to and from work. My Verizon cellular plan gives me a ton of minutes, and I was wondering if someone makes an adapter that I could use to connect my laptop to the cell phone and get on the Web. I realize it wouldn't be broadband, but it would be cool nonetheless.

Is there such a thing? Thanks.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I realize it wouldn't be broadband, but it would be cool nonetheless.
Sprint's unlimited Vizion is good enough for broadband-lite, unfortunately they have a proxy server in place that downcoverts images. Occasional downloads of 20GB don't take long on a 230400bps. They have notebook cards, I use a usb charge cable to connect with my cell phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks