Got my 9000 rolling

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by David Michael, Feb 20, 2004.

1. David Michael

I know there are alot of sony bashers here,but i want to post initial thoughts on my 9000.Im coming off adcom pre and amps"very dated mind you"which my dad wanted to buy.So i sold and started looking into the many many av receivers out there.All in all the 9000 is very sweet piece.Many ins and outs but the dvi i think is what sold me.I was going to get the 7300 when it hit but it still had no dvi switching.Happy with my purchase i just wish all the sony haters would just cut em a little slack,because if i had listened to all i had read i wouldnt have the sweet piece.

2. RolandM

RolandM Stunt Coordinator

By 9000 do you mean the Sony DA9000ES or some other receiver? Just curious because the thread title and the post only says 9000 everywhere [​IMG]

Anyway if so, that is a very nice receiver indeed [​IMG]

I'm guessing the "7300" is the H/K AVR7300?

3. Shiu

Shiu Second Unit

David, according to the spec posted at Sonystyle.ca, the 9000ES weighs over 63 lbs, more than double that of the 5000ES. In fact it is heavier than the Harman Kardon flag ship AVR7200. Could you tell us why the 9000Es is so heavy? I thought digital units are typically much much lighter than similarly equipped and rated analog ones.