What's new

Got Man On Fire early (1 Viewer)

Jim_E

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd drop in a little recommendation for the upcoming release of Man on Fire which I managed to get hold of this week. It's a good looking transfer on my set-up and has a nice DTS mix. More importantly it's a good movie - some of the editing and in particular the use of subtitles (thank god not player generated - it would have ruined the effect) is very reminiscent of Tony Scott's BMW film.

The disc isn't exactly loaded with extras but does have two commentaries, the first of which with Tony Scott was not originally advertised by the press release I believe, and it was a nice surprise to see it included as I enjoy listening to anything the Scott brothers have to say!

Anyway - hope everyone who makes the purchase enjoys the movie.

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
For everyone's information, there is supposed to be a special edition of Man On Fire coming in the months after this disc's release.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Chris,

Excellent review for MOF. I missed this one at the cineplex so I'm really looking forward to checking this one out on my setup. So glad the A/V portion reviewed so well!

later
Troy

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Any word on the 1987 version?

It was on cable the other day... never even knew it existed. Kind of like the Bourne Identity miniseries.

CDE,

CS

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator

I believe it was actually someone here on HTF who mentioned that he had heard through a source that a SE was in the works. Regardless, I'm gonna hold off a while just in case, and because this disc is severly lacking in features.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Believe me or don't believe me. That's your prerogative. I heard it from a source directly connected to the DVD production and mentioned it only to save some people from buying this twice.

If you've been paying attention, you'd know that Fox has started double-dipping with their releases over the past few months without advance warning (unlike Sony with the extended cut of Hellboy)-- the "unrated" Club Dread being one of these.

But by all means, buy this twice if you think I'm lying.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I seem to recall Bill mentioning the later MOF SE at The Bits, but I couldn't find the blurb at the site after an admittedly cursory look . . . -p

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
This is one title that I will gladly double-dip on ;)

I've seen this film 4 times in the theater and I think it could very well have become my favorite movie of all time.

September 14th can't come fast enough. Neither can the 21st (for Star Wars, of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks