Got home last night ....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill_Weinreich, May 10, 2002.

1. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

My entire living room was REARRANGED[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My fiance "Wanted a change" so she decided to disconnect my HT and move all the furniture. Said all I hade to do was hook it back up. Every wire was removed, speaker grill busted, and reciever left on without speakers. I was livid!!! Took me 5 hours to redo and I still havent calibrated. All this two days after she asked me about moving the furniture. (of course I said no)
    Oh well,
    Bill

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I have my SO so in fear of my HT setup she doesn't even want to hold the remote. Your wife has balls. Either that or you haven't instilled the proper respect for your gear[​IMG]
    Just kidding, but I would be mad if my stuff was damaged in any way as your stuff appears to have been. Did she at least apologize for breaking the grille?

3. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

4. Earl J

Earl J Stunt Coordinator

Bill,
    No way!!! So how did she take the break up? [​IMG]
    Earl

5. Bill_Weinreich

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I'm sorry, but your grief just made my day for some reason[​IMG]

7. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

Bill, it seems to me this was a wake up call. Julie has it right. There's a lack of respect here.

Deane

8. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

You should ask her if she has ever seen the movie "Das BOOT"!(as in, see ya!)[​IMG]
    My wife knows the minimum to play a movie, that's it. She doesn't touch my electronics and neither do my kids. but we did make a compromise on the living room/theater lay out. she hates the fact that we have 4 tower speakers in it.
    Isn't love great?
    Mike

9. Earl J

Earl J Stunt Coordinator

Bill,

Rearrange the guest list for the wedding by removing some of her friends and family. Add the names of those that have replied to this thread. Tell her the list just "needed a change..."

Earl

10. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Bill,
    Isn't it a shame that she wrecked some of your gear in doing this. Now you have to spend the time looking for brand new stuff to replace it.
    [​IMG]

11. Bill_Weinreich

Yeh Richard, DAMN SHAME[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I say it definitely is a total lack of respect for you -- especially since she broke your speaker grill while doing it. This b**** doesn't need talking to -- she needs the boot. Get her out of your life before you catch her cheating on you with another guy.

13. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

Bill, I feel your pain.

I have found there is NOTHING that can be done when the SO wants to rearrange the furniture. Same thing for when she tidy's up the office. Receipts are missing for weeks when she does that as I can't find certain items where I left em at.

14. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

Julie and Deane have it right. I wouldn't go to the extremes that some have suggested (yes, I know most were just jokes) but I would have a talk with her about this situation. I might not focus on the furniture moving as much as the complete disregard of your stated wishes. It might only be the HT now but it could end up being many other things.

Be prepared to compromise in marriage. My wife quietly lets me do what I want in the living room, even though she'd rather do it another way. The point here is that she might not agree with my desires on this issue but she respects that its important to me and accepts it. I do the same thing with other issues that are important to her. Its not because I'm scared of sending her off the deep end, it's because I respect her wishes and understand that its important to her.

15. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

Women and furniture, they just don't listen.

I had spent 3 days laying a new wood floor in the family room and we put the sofa back in. Wife suggested moving it to another wall. I said it wouldn't fit and explained what other pieces would have to be moved and how it wouldn't work. I've got "calibrated eyes" and I knew it wouldn't fit. OK, she agrees. I go out to run some errands and come home and she's dragged the sofa across the room putting gouges across the middle of the new floor. I don't think I've ever been so mad at her in my life. (And of course it didn't fit that way and we had to put it back.)

16. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

17. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Another vote for Julie's wisdom:

18. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I agree that a lack of respect has been shown. You need to have a serious talk and both set some boundaries.

19. Bill_Weinreich

Woah!!!
    I wasnt trying to start a female bashing thread. I was just telling my tale.
    After 4 years together, we tend to push each others boundaries. Mine was found. All couples will have issues to resolve, this is just one.

20. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Second Unit

I just showed this thread to my wife... she's horrified and disgusted that your fiance would do that against your wishes.

BTW, she love's EarlJ's suggestion about the guest list. Fair is fair.

-Steve & Jenn