What's new

Got another LD player - am I crazy???? (1 Viewer)

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
NO.....it's not insane. I've had up to 12 at one time.........but I'm content with the 9:eek: I have now. Extra players are always worth it for laserheads.......:)
By the way Phil, what 5 models are they?

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Since no one is making LD players, those of us with large LD collections will need to have spare players in case of breakdowns. Get 'em while "everyone else" is letting them go cheap.
Alas we LD collectors will become like the RCA CED collectors many of whom have lots of players.
My LD collection:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/laser.htm

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
All Pioneer players.
Main HT: CLD-99
Bedroom: CLD-D704
Office (CD player): CLD-M401*
New Backup: CLD-D406
Backup (at Ange Hamm's House supporting his in-need-of-repair Marantz): CLD-S304**
* has PCM optical out but no AC-3 output.
** has AC-3 out but no PCM digital out.
I think I may be asking in the wrong place about the craziness part. :)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Corbin, I got your message. I'll catch up with you. Phil, I have 6 if you count my 1983 Magnaboom top-loader. I was regretting selling my CLD-95 so I bought a Panasonic LX-1000U about 2 months ago. That made me feel a little better and I got the 1000U's groovy digital effects. I want one more player too. I want an HLD-X0 to play my Muse discs on. It's said to eliminate most of the green noise that can be bothersome with that format. The X0 is like an LD-S2 on steroids. They're ten pounds heavier with AC-3 RF output. The X0 was the first player with RF output when it came out in 1994. It's said to add addtional detail to NTSC discs too. It proably has the best composite output on the planet. I want it fer Mus'in. Phil you're not crazy, Devo quote > "duty now for the future". Best wishes!

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Phil, as you already know if you are crazy, they need to put me in a padded cell and throw the key away. I only have a 100 LDs and have a CLD-79 and CLD-59 which I am saving for the basement and I don't know if I am done yet. For someone with 500 discs, it is a no brainer. Most of the decent LD players make decent CD transports as well that would be hard to beat at the price point the LD players go for.

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
I have a CLD-79 and an LD-S9. The 79 is in the office/gaming/geek stuff room and the S9 has a place in the main theater room.

I'd love to scrape the cash together and pick up a spare S9. If I'm going to have a backup, it needs to be equal to the best player I have in case that one dies. I'm sure my S9 will last for many years with plenty of TLC though.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Aw heck. OK....here goes:
1 Runco LJR II,1 Elite CLD79,2 Panny LX900s, 1 LX1000, 3 Pioneer CLDA100s, and a Denon 3500. The CLDA100s are actually ok players........but I use them as BIG video games :D .

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Not quite Mark.....I have 2 of those Pioneer DVF727s hooked up, as well as a 414 in another room. They're pretty good CD players too....:)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have one main LD player: Pioneer DVL-909, but I have a no-frills LD player in the bedroom. I'm currently looking for another Pioneer, perhaps a DVL-919 or Elite DVL-91.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Phil, my new condo is under construction and I'm finally going to have beaucoups of space. :) My mom has a 20" 1980's TV that is hardly used. I'm going to make an LD display with my Magnaboom and it. What LD was like then, back in the dark ages. I'll find someplace to stick them downstairs. Best wishes!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Then you will have a little mini-museum :)
I only have one player and now I feel like a freak. Of course I just bought it for Star Wars...and now 1 month later, I've got about 15 more LDs...so we'll see where I go from here.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>I only have one player and now I feel like a freak. Of course I just bought it for Star Wars...and now 1 month later, I've got about more LDs...so we'll see where I go from here.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Phil, my new condo is under construction and I'm finally going to have beaucoups of space. My mom has a 20" 1980's TV that is hardly used. I'm going to make an LD display with my Magnaboom and it. What LD was like then, back in the dark ages. I'll find someplace to stick them downstairs. Best wishes!
I'm sure you have some DiscoVision discs to put on it so guests can see just how wonderful LD was back in the day! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks