What's new

Got a new job (1 Viewer)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I haven't posted much lately because about a month ago I got a new job. I spent the last 9 years being self-employed doing computer tech and consulting work. While the money wasn't great, especially during the recession do to a lack of clients, it left me plenty of time to be a stay at home dad to my 2 daughters (which reminds me, I need to post some recent pics). Anyway, about 6 weeks ago, a friend told me to send him his resume, because the company he works for is looking to add some new developers. I did, and a week later got a call that turned into a phone interview, and they offered me the job. It was an offer I couldn't refuse, and I still get to work from home. It's a very exciting opportunity for me. The company does ecommerce implementation and support using a particular high-end software package, and some of our clients own major product brands. Anyway, now that I'm getting settled in, I hope to get back to participating around here, and making fun of Mike Frezon for not getting Best Buy coupons in the mail. :D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's a significant change, Joe!

Congratulations, I suppose the "couldn't refuse" part is what makes the job deserve a congrat.

Cees

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Well, this is the first time I've been back over here since the job change. Life has been crazy and I rarely have downtime these days, even outside of work. In addition to my changes, my wife got a new position with her company. She's now working from home 4+ days a week because she works for a Phoenix-based department and really has no reason to drive to her desk anymore. My oldest daughter started pre-K late August, and in October my younger daughter will be joining her 3 days a week at the daycare center, so I'll only be a half stay at home dad. And I've been supporting ecommerce sites for FILA, Brooks Running and some clothing etailers. Pretty soon I'm going to start work on a rebuild of a Lifetime Brands' Mikasa brand social media site (Mikasa being the flatware and place setting brand you can find at retailers like Bed bath & Beyond). Lifetime also owns other famous brands such as Cusinart and KitchenAid. So, as you can see, my house has been crazy with change the last couple of months. @Cees, the real reason I couldn't refuse, besides the fact that I enjoy the challenge, was the money. The computer tech self-employment thing I'd been up to for the last 9 years was just not doing well, especially in this economy. We're talking a 20-fold increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks