1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a 45tx chime in

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tommy_C, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Tommy_C

Tommy_C Stunt Coordinator

I have a Pioneer 45tx with a Pioneer DV-45a and a Infocus LS 110. My 45 a is hooked via component cable and my Cable box is hooked via S-vid to my receiver. From my receiver to my LS110 I have both S-vid and component runs. When I switch my receiver from cable to dvd my screen goes blue for a few seconds during the switch. What I was wondering is if I hook up a second DVD via component will there be the switch delay or since I am switching between component runs will it be instant. I am looking for my 2nd dvd player to play my intro and then switch to my movie and not have the delay.

Thanks
    Tom

2. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Let me clarify the hook up:

1. Cable S-video out to 45TX

2. Component In from 45a to 45TX

3. Component Out from 45TX to LS-110

4. S-video out from 45 TX to LS-110.

Is this correct?

Mike

3. Tommy_C

Correct, now I want to hook up one more DVD player via component. So both DVD's will be component, and when I switch will there be a delay?

4. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

When I switch between my DVD player and my HTPC there is a 1 second delay. This is going thru the component switcher on the 45TX.

5. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Sounds like Juan has the answer. I can try it this weekend, however if you would like.

Mike

6. Tommy_C

Juan, do you have anything with s-vid also and is the delay any longer?

7. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

Tommy,

sorry I don't have anything with S-video. I should comment thoug that the 45 might actually switch component faster than the 1 second I reported if using two DVD players. The reason I say this is because when I switch between my HTPC and my RP-82 the scanrate frequency changes. The HTPC is setup with HDTV timings.