Gospel Concert DVD Info?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dan Lange, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Dan Lange

Dan Lange Auditioning

Hi -

I've lately been into gospel and Christian concert DVDs, but I haven't found anywhere that gives technical information about the discs. Nothing spells "bummer" better than a promising concert DVD filmed in 1.33 with stereo sound only.

Thanks
    - Dan

...and check out our new song, though we haven't made the video yet. [​IMG]
    Let me know what you think!

"Grains of Sand" by Dan and Karen Lange

2. Jamie Cole

Jamie Cole Stunt Coordinator

Hi Dan,

The Newsboys "One Night in Pennsylvania" is DD5.1, but not widescreen. I don't know of a CCM DVD that is widescreen, least of all anamorphic.

Two that I really enjoy in spite of the way they're mastered: "Jars of Clay 11 Live" and "Michael Card: Scribbling in the Sand." Both are full-frame and stereo, but the music is terrific. Phil Keaggy, widely regarded as one of the greatest living guitarists, makes an appearance on the Card DVD.

3. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

The latest Steven Curtis Chapman music video is out on DVD. It is in widescreen (non-anamorphic) but with DD 5.1 surround sound. It's an excellent concert.

The WOW Gospel DVDs 2002, 2003 and 2004 are a mix of concept music videos and live concert footage, but each is in 5.1 surround. I suppose the same would be true of WOW (minus the Gospel, meaning Contemporary Christian music).

4. Dan Lange

Dan Lange Auditioning

Thanks Mike -
    I'd definitely be interested in those WOW DVDs, so thanks for the info.

I have the Steven Curtis Chapman concert - I totally agree with you.

- Dan