Gordian Knot new album

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mike Broadman, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Though this may only be of interest to prog rock fans, I think this stuff can appeal to anyone with an interest in instrumental music.

Gordian Knot, for those not in the know, is a project spear-headed by Sean Malone (bass, stick), formerly of pioneering prog-death metal band Cynic. The first Gordian Knot album (self-titled) was a brilliant effort, combining the talents of Malone, Sean Reinert, also from Cynic (drums), Trey Gunn (King Crimson), and guitarists Ron Jarzombek and Glenn Snelwar.

I really these types of collaborative projects, like Liquid Tension Experiment and Attention Defecit Disorder. GK is my favorite of them all.

So today I discover they have a new album out called Emergent, which I of course promptly ordered. I can't wait to hear it, and wonder if anyone already has it.

2. gregD

gregD Second Unit

you will most definitely be

the new GK is superb... and slightly different than the first one... reinert is back... and this time around SM is joined by steve hackett and bill bruford(!)... BB clearly lends his distinctive composition skills to 2 or 3 tracks.

enjoy...

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Yes, I forgot to mention the neat guests on this album, as well as the fact that this album reunites the Cynic lineup. I also read that it's heavier than the last one.

Man, I can't wait.