Goonies - RCE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mark_d, Sep 6, 2001.

1. mark_d

mark_d Second Unit

My usual supplier of R1 product has an RCE warning for this title: http://194.193.248.139/play247.asp?page=search
    I can understand the reasons behind RCE, but it doesn't work. All it means is that I have to buy a RCE friendly player or use a clumsy workaround on my current setup.
    I just don't buy movies in PAL format, so if RCE prevents me from buying a borderline title (like, say, Charlies Angels - which I would've bought otherwise), there's no sale full stop.
    I want to get this one for my wife, so if I could have confirmation one way or another it'd be appreciated.
    Mark
    ps Sorry for going off on one, but that same wife, after agreeing I could upgrade my sub, has changed her mind - and it was a great deal, too...
    Grrrrrr

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Mark, Play offer some good service and prices, but NEVER trust them on what they list to be RCE or not. They're still under the impression (after the rumours) that Warner do it too, and I want to alert them to it too as I am sure it is affecting sales for them.
    Still to this date, Sony are the only ones doing RCE and they only do it on new releases, never back catalogue titles. Goonies being Warner, and me owning Goonies and not having to run a remote hack to default my player to R1 only, I can tell you it is not-RCE.
    Enjoy, [​IMG]
    Dan (UK)

3. mark_d

mark_d Second Unit

Dan,
    You are, as always, a Star.
    I'm off to Play to buy it now...
    Cheers,
    Mark