Goonies in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Biggs, Aug 22, 2001.

1. David Biggs

David Biggs Agent

Man, I'm looking everywhere for this DVD. Anyone know a place in Toronto thats selling it? Checked Futureshop, Walmart...no dice.
    Help!

2. Darcy Hunter

Darcy Hunter Stunt Coordinator

What I'd like to know is, why the hell was it delayed a whole month?!! Sept 18??!! I was so ready to buy this yesterday, then I find out this. Bummer.

3. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

I talked to A&B Sound in Calgary, and they said that for some reason Goonies is delayed until Sept. 18th??? I also asked about Scooby Doo: Spookiest Tales and they don't have that either...
    What's the deal?
    Thanks,
    Chris.
    ------------------

4. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

I went down to the US to buy this, and "Recess-School's Out," neither of which are out here but are in the US.
    If it is an option, order from a US etailer like Amazon, or B&N, or get a US POB.

5. IanS

IanS Stunt Coordinator

I just came back from K-Mart in Plattsburgh,NY. 50 minutes from Montreal. Got my copy at Big K-Mart.
    They didn't have any at the Wal*Mart for some reason.
    F__k Canada and having to wait months to get titles here. I am just sick of this crap. And not one CDN retailer will tell you why there is a delay of one month.

6. paul o'donnell

paul o'donnell Second Unit

I normally get all my discs from Canada at DV-Depot because they do a really good shipping deal to the UK.
    But the no goonies situation was unnacceptable, so I had to pay premium price from a dealer over here for the US version, but the film was needed soooooooooooo badly.
    Why the heck was it delayed anyway?