1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Goonies in Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Biggs, Aug 22, 2001.

1. David Biggs

David Biggs Agent

Man, I'm looking everywhere for this DVD. Anyone know a place in Toronto thats selling it? Checked Futureshop, Walmart...no dice.
    Help!

2. Darcy Hunter

Darcy Hunter Stunt Coordinator

What I'd like to know is, why the hell was it delayed a whole month?!! Sept 18??!! I was so ready to buy this yesterday, then I find out this. Bummer.

3. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

I talked to A&B Sound in Calgary, and they said that for some reason Goonies is delayed until Sept. 18th??? I also asked about Scooby Doo: Spookiest Tales and they don't have that either...
    What's the deal?
    Thanks,
    Chris.
    ------------------

4. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

I went down to the US to buy this, and "Recess-School's Out," neither of which are out here but are in the US.
    If it is an option, order from a US etailer like Amazon, or B&N, or get a US POB.

5. IanS

IanS Stunt Coordinator

I just came back from K-Mart in Plattsburgh,NY. 50 minutes from Montreal. Got my copy at Big K-Mart.
    They didn't have any at the Wal*Mart for some reason.
    F__k Canada and having to wait months to get titles here. I am just sick of this crap. And not one CDN retailer will tell you why there is a delay of one month.

6. paul o'donnell

paul o'donnell Second Unit

I normally get all my discs from Canada at DV-Depot because they do a really good shipping deal to the UK.
    But the no goonies situation was unnacceptable, so I had to pay premium price from a dealer over here for the US version, but the film was needed soooooooooooo badly.
    Why the heck was it delayed anyway?