What's new

Google, Froogle, Gmail, and now Picasa 2, an impressive photo-management app (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I cannot get enough of the plex. To me, Google search & Gmail are inimitable and indispensable web tools. And now, Google has released Picasa 2.

I haven't yet delved into Picasa 2 extensively, as it has been released only today (v2 that is). But at first blush, it appears very robust and highly configurable.

As a formerly exclusive iPhoto user, I didn't think anything could approach the features/capability vs. cost (FREE) of Mac's image tool. But Picasa 2, also free, seems to be a worthy contender. I'm really enjoying my pc experience so far (Picasa is not (yet) compatible with the Mac).

Has anyone used Picasa 2 yet? What are your thoughts and have you discovered any cool tricks?

If rumors of Google's pursuit of dark fiber reveal to be true, I might have to tattoo Google as my new mantra. It seems to me that they cannot do any wrong.

See for yourself - Picasa 2

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I thought picasa was iPhoto, but for the PC.

Either way, I wholeheartedly agree. I used Picasa in it's previous incarnation and haven't had much time to mess around with this new one yet but I'm excted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks