What's new

Google Earth. Has anyone ever used this offline? (1 Viewer)

Mark Giles

Second Unit
I'm going on vacation and will have my laptop with me. I understand that you can save recently zoomed in areas in your cache file, and even change them out. Does anyone know where these files are located? i know it's somewhere on the computer cause when I disconnect my internet connection, it lets me go back to the area im interested in, but how can I save this areas cache and even multiple caches?

Jordan_Brulotte

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure where they are saved, but an easy thing to do would be to screen capture the images. Hit the print screen button (print scrn) and then paste in an image editor. then you can save them as what ever format you want.

Mark Giles

Second Unit
Well, that wont work for me cause I'm trying to get detailed areas over such a large part area.

For example, by zooming in, I can see when I'm going to pass a certain landmark on google earth. Basically, I want to be able to replay the movie mode off line. This is easy to do, but then there will be a differnt area that will take up more space (probably more than the cache maximum that google allows - 2gigs). So I heard theres a way to change out these cache files so when your in a certain area, you can just use the next information you saved in a previous cache file.

Users who are viewing this thread