Google Bombs (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Funnyiest thing when you type in the search engine
"French military victories"

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
In before the lock...

Brian Lawrence, take a look at the bottom of the page, that should explain everything! ;)

Take a look at who's second place (Right after Carter, since that is on the same website as the first one) for "miserable failure"! :D

Also take a look at what happens when you type in "stupid white man". ;)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I think it's narrow-minded to call into question what military victories France has attained in history. Ultimately France has contributed more to the state of humanity through art, music, films, wines and so on than most nations can ever hope. In the balance of life there are things that account for more than just military strength and victories. Basically there are lovers and there are fighters. France would fall under the first category and I see nothing wrong with that.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
As someone who admires all of the Allied efforts in WWII, I have to point out the bravery of the French Resistance. Besides there have been many French Military Victories... King Charlemagne (741-814) won many battles, there's The Battle of Hastings (1066) and... er... ;)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Gary
I always have had a great time in France and even got engaged in Paris......but it is still funny,
Just a joke, nuttin more

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
LOL, this situation reminds of the thread I had started here about drinking Merlot while eating fruit and cheese. I had said that I like Monterey Jack, someone in the UK replied with something along the lines of 'you have my sympathy' but in the end he admitted that he likes Monterey Jack afterall. The only reason why he initially posted the snide remark was because of the bad stigma that he felt was prevalent towards British foods(even though I didn't diss British food whatsoever). Chip on his shoulder I guess.

And now we have a similar situation in which you're pointing out something that pokes fun at France yet you say that you enjoyed France and even got engaged there.

Boy we live in a contradictory world. And yes I need to get laid more. :D

James T

Screenwriter
I forget the exact wording, but it had something to do with evil being typed and Microsoft.com came up.

I always loved the weapons of mass destruction.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
It was "more evil than satan himself" that was linked to Microsoft. If you try it now you get links to pages about that Google bomb.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I have to echo CharlesD; obviously these folks don't remember their Charlemagne.

Added because I couldn't resist: "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks