1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Goodyear Tire Choice for my CRV - any thoughts...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike OConnell, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    I need to get new tires for my 98 CR-V and have usually gone with Goodyear Tires. My wife and I don't take CRV off-road and drive around 10-12K per year. The OEM tires are BF Goodrich 48K tires and they have 50K on them with about 3 to 4/32 of tread left.

The two tires I am considering are the Aquatread 3 (total installed price, after rebates, of about $393), or the Regatta 2 (total installed price, after rebates, of about $359). The prices come with lifetime balancing and rotating, but no road-hazard coverage. I could only save about $32 total going to tirerack.com on the Aquatreads or about $8 on the Regattas. Not worth it, as the Goodyear dealer and service center has been very good to me over the years.

I have the Regatta's on my 96 Accord and have been very satisfied with their performance.

Anybody have experience with either of these tires on their vehicle? What do you think? Is the extra $34 worth it for the Aquatreads?

Thanks,

Mike

2. Mary M S

Mary M S Screenwriter

I had the Aquatreads once, and like the (sorry out of your brand selection) BF Goodrich Radial T/A's much better.

Talked someone else into trying them on their E150 work van, and over prior Michelens set, they liked the 'handle/ride' much better.

Better grip and good wear, sorry can't remember what I paid for the last set at Discount Tires, when I last went I had to special order them and wait 4 days.

(No experience with the Regatta's)

3. kevin_tomb

kevin_tomb Stunt Coordinator

Hate to say it, but I wouldnt go with goodyear. They are somewhat overpriced just for the name. I would stick wiht the T/A tires. Just a better overall tire than the ones you mentioned. Tire rack has the 205/70/15 size on sale for like $50 dollars all the time.