What's new

GoodTimes DVD (1 Viewer)

Kenny Foor

Stunt Coordinator
Last night as I was shopping at the local Wal-Mart I stumbled on a bin of old DVDs. Now being the sucker that I am for older movies I started to look at what they had. they had a ton of good old movies. while I didn't have time to look at them all I picked up three. I got Brewsters Millions, earthquake, and shakedown. Now I know that these aren't exactly killer movies but they were five dollars each.They were movie only discs but get this, Brewsters millions, and Earthquake were 2:35:1 widescreen. The whole point to this post is that even a small company like GoodTimes knows what the people like in a movie.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes, and I commend Goodtimes for recently re-releasing several movies in Widescreen that were previously on a DVD from them in P&S. I re-bought Airport for that reason.
Now, if I can only get them to do the same with these titles I purchased cheap, only to find them in P&S when I went to play them (I got burned 4 times...can you believe I didn't learn my lesson the first time???!!!):
  1. [*]Problem Child[*]King Kong vs Godzilla: 35th Anniversary Edition[*]Gray Lady Down[*]McLintock![/list=a]
    I *did* finally learn my lesson, though. Earlier this week I was in Target and saw Psycho II for $9.99...not the best film but a neat little sequel in many ways. I almost picked it up, then checked the Ratio. You guessed it, and I left it there! So Goodtimes could reissue that one, too.
    I'll check out Wal-Mart on the weekend, though...maybe there are other Widescreen offerings from GT that I can grab cheap. Thanks!
    ------------------
    DAVE/Memphis
    My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
    Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)
    WidescreenSupport.jpg

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I bought McLintock! too, but luckily I glanced at the ratio before unwrapping it.
------------------
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
The "dubbed" version of King Kong vs. Godzilla is the standard US version that Universal distributed and that's the only version Universal or Goodtimes can release. Toho owns rights to the original Japanese version.
The new WS version of "Airport" was terrific and I hope Goodtimes will see the light on "Gray Lady Down" too.

Andy_MT

Second Unit
Brewsters millions (1.85 not 2.35). it's a pretty horrifc picture anyway. not the worst, but certainly worthy of $5.
[Edited last by Andy_MT on August 24, 2001 at 05:33 AM]

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
The "dubbed" version of King Kong vs. Godzilla is the standard US version that Universal distributed and that's the only version Universal or Goodtimes can release. Toho owns rights to the original Japanese version.
True, but the dubbed version is unwatchable. I have a subtitled VHS version and I could never go back to watching it dubbed.
Jeff

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I can't believe you all haven't mentioned that Goodtimes has changed their packaging from Snappers to Keepcases. Finally, a company listens to the fans. I saw the said titles for $5.00 at Walmart (Halloween II, Brewsters Millions, etc.) and each had a new plastic keepcase instead of the snappers I used to see them in. I think we owe them a purchase or two for being this cool.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wes, you're right. It SHOULD have been brought up that they changed to keepcases! I'm very pleased to see it.
And it's nice to grab, for $5-$10, a film in OAR in a keepcase. Listening to what the people want, indeed!
Now if only everyone else would wake up and change over, that would be spiffy.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks