Goodfealls SE finally in 2002?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gilbert Galindo, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Gilbert Galindo

Gilbert Galindo Stunt Coordinator

Jul 29, 2001
    Somebody told me that for sure 2002 we will have a special dvd of Goodfellas. I don't understand Why WB has already waited 3 years. They say its only because of Marty's non-participation. They had so much time to do it sooner. When they do release it, the dvd better be worth it. Here are some thoughts. What do you guys want to see on it? I want something like this. I know, dream on right!
    Disk 1 = Movie on dual layer disc!
    Special Features Disk 1
    3 Audio Commentary Tracks (Hey, Fight Club had 4)
    One with Martin and Shoonmaker
    One with Pillegi and the real life Henry Hill
    One with Film Crtic Roger Ebert
    Ebert did a good commentary track on Dark City. He also placed Goodfelles on best films of the 1990's. Tell me these commentary tracks wouldn't be very informitive and interesting. Henry Hill getting into detail about the murder of Billy Batts would rock.
    Disk 2 = Special Features
    Brand new Documentary that includes interviews with DeNiro, Pesci, Henry and Karen Hill and everybody else.
    Tour of the Real Locations: Behind the scences look at some of the real life locations like Robert's Lounge and the cab stand Paulie Vario owned.
    Traliors, Production notes and whatever else they could find. I don't know, it'll never happen but this is what it should look like. What do you guys think? Can you think of anything else?
  2. Anthony_J

Anthony_J Stunt Coordinator

Jul 31, 2001
    I don't even care what extras the new one might have. Just get the movie on one side of a disk and I'll be a happy man.
  3. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

Jan 8, 2000
    I agree that a SE of this great movie is LONG overdue!
    Lets get a good anamorphic transfer to start with! Everything else would be icing on the cake!
  4. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Jul 27, 2001
    My sentiments this point just get me the movie (anamorphic) with a DD 5.1 soundtrack on a single-sided disc and I'll be content. I've resisted the urge to buy the "released" DVD for some time now knowing that the SE would/must be in the works.