Patron
Real Name
Reed Grele
20201031_104554~2.jpg

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Sir Sean will rightly be remembered for his distinctive Scottish burr, his indelible stamp on many, many iconic roles, and for being a seemingly effortless symbol of male sexuality and masculinity.

But it's for the clip below, in which he delivers what is arguably the greatest line of dialogue in all of cinematic history, that I like to remember him:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Sir Sean will rightly be remembered for his distinctive Scottish burr, his indelible stamp on many, many iconic roles, and for being a seemingly effortless symbol of male sexuality and masculinity.

But it's for the clip below, in which he delivers what is arguably the greatest line of dialogue in all of cinematic history, that I like to remember him:

I would respectfully submit this clip for consideration.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
Like most of you, Sean Connery WAS James Bond for me. I grew up watching him inhabit that role, and while some fine actors picked up the Walther PPK afterwards, not one of them ever matched his effortless portrayal of 007 IMO. But he was so much more than just Bond. He was the kind of actor that elevated every film project he was a part of. I enjoyed watching him work in everything that he did, even Zardoz with that absolutely ridiculous costume he had to wear. He will be missed!!!

And yes, while living to the ripe old age of 90 is certainly a good long life, FUCK 2020 and the horse it rode in on! This whole year has been relentlessly devastating in so many ways that losses like the death of Mr. Connery just seem to be all the more poignant and difficult to bear. They hit you harder and stay with you longer. Peace to you, Sir Sean, and peace to us all. I'm hoping that a much better, more normal world is just around the corner for everyone.

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
From Russia with Love is my one of my favorite Bond films. Also loved his performance in The Last Crusade, The Hunt for Red October and The Rock. I always like to pretend that he’s actually playing James Bond in that one!

Rest in Piece :mellow:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Final Grade : "meets expectations"
- Auric Goldfinger -

A truly memorable star. So many wonderful films -
Man Who Would Be King,
Robin And Marian,
Zardoz,
Murder On The Orient Express,
Medicine Man,
Untouchables,
Hunt For Red October,
Entrapment,
Name Of The Rose,
Great Train Robbery,
Wind And The Lion,
Anderson Tapes,
Darby O'Gill,
Marnie

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
My earliest existing memories revolved in and around the desire to become an actor; but a childhood double-bill at my local small-town theater of “Thunderball” and “You Only Live Twice” changed all that and upped the ante. More than an actor, I wanted to become an international man; to drive cool cars, to live in exotic and mysterious locales, to become a magnet to a multitude of beautiful woman and to be nobody’s fool. Eventually I outgrew all of that and graduated to a far greater grasp of reality. Indeed, my maturity had begun to take root and evolve. No longer would there be fantasies of becoming either an actor or a Bond; but, instead, to just and simply become the man himself. Connery. Sean Connery.

RIP

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is really sad news. However, he lived a long time and left a legacy of films that have endured and will continue to endure for generations to come.

I wondered, though, whether they might add a dedication card to the end of No Time to Die. A small silver lining of its delayed release would be the ability to do this.

They might not want to overshadow Craig's exit from the role, but I don't think they would need to, if it is done carefully and tastefully.

Although he didn't have anything to do with No Time to Die in particular, he is obviously associated very much with the franchise at large, so I feel like this would be a nice thing to do.

Last edited:

Bob Cashill

Senior HTF Member
"Current Bond Daniel Craig said in a statement sent to Deadline:

“It is with such sadness that I heard of the passing of one of the true greats of cinema. Sir Sean Connery will be remembered as Bond and so much more. He defined an era and a style. The wit and charm he portrayed on screen could be measured in mega watts; he helped create the modern blockbuster. He will continue to influence actors and film-makers alike for years to come. My thoughts are with his family and loved ones. Wherever he is, I hope there is a golf course.”

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
This is really sad news. However, he lived a long time and left a legacy of films that have endured and will continue to endure for generations to come.

I wondered, though, whether they might add a dedication card to the end of No Time to Die. A small silver lining of its delayed release would be the ability to do this.

They might not want to overshadow Craig's exit from the role, but I don't think they would need to, if it is done carefully and tastefully.

Although he didn't have anything to do with No Time to Die in particular, he is obviously associated very much with the franchise at large, so I feel like this would be a nice thing to do.
I think that would be wonderful! I wonder if a co-tribute to Roger could be on there too, if one isn’t already on there.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had heard that he wasn't in good health, so I can't say the announcement was a shock, but it was very, very sad.

As with many, he was MY James Bond, the one I first saw and the one I grew up with through all of his 007 films. And I continued to marvel at his career as he went on to other things even though he never reached the heights of stardom he had enjoyed as Bond. No matter. His acting just got better and better if that's possible.

He will be forever missed. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
No one was better. We just finished showing the kids the Connery Bond movies, and they're so, so good. We've also shown them the Moore films, and those are good too, but no one inhabited the role like Connery.

He was more than that though. He was outstanding in The Untouchables - really made that film what it is. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Hunt For Red October, The Rock, and even some of his lesser known films like Medicine Man always had him bringing you into the movie.

There really wasn't anyone else like him. He was the kind of actor that comes around once in a generation, or less.

This remains the greatest introduction to a character that I have ever seen:
connerybond.jpg
It was an extremely poor imitation of this opening (OK, it was just the "Bond, James Bond" bit, along with a little Miss Moneypenny aside!) that I greeted my wife with this morning before gently breaking the sad news to her. She absolutely loved Sean Connery and his passing caused her to shed a few tears and I too, got rather misty. :(

Sir Sean Connery's unique Scottish burr was indeed, unmistakable. We still remember seeing ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES (1991) on our Wedding Night, and hearing his wonderful voice that could melt butter a few seconds before his brief, but memorable cameo as King Richard, the Lionhearted!

RIP Sean Connery!!

Bernard McNair

Second Unit
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Very sad news but thankfully Sean Connery will live on forever in his many (and excellent) screen creations. I first saw Dr. No on its original release and became fascinated by the character (like many others in my fantasy world I would become James Bond!!). When I watched Sean Connery in non-Bond roles I realised what a great screen presence he was and never missed a performance when his movies opened. My wife and I love Robin and Marian and will view it again tonight.
Thank you, Sir Sean, for so many great adventures in a darkened room. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holidaypotnetial